Chapter 12| Meeting the Warden and Paranoid Showers

Tara's P.O.V

             Finally Pendanski pulled the truck up and started filling the water jugs. I made my way in line and waited to get my jug filled with the others. I waited patiently for the water, watching discreetly as Zig-Zag lingered away back to his hole. The line proceeded until it was all called to a halt, both X-Ray and Ziggy called out saying they had found something. Everyone's attention turned towards them, X-Ray gazing at him skeptically. Zig-Zags eyes caught me through the crowd, to which I nodded, letting him know it really was fine he turned in the object. Pendanski started rushing to them as they walked closer. He took both of the objects and examined them thoroughly. Mom smiles brightly and pulls out the walkie talkie saying that they had found something nice.

            I huffed as it was taking too long, I turned back and proceeded to take some water, ignoring the others in line and marched my way back to another open space before I started digging once more

            I huffed as it was taking too long, I turned back and proceeded to take some water, ignoring the others in line and marched my way back to another open space before I started digging once more. I knew the others weren't working, as the Warden was now on the way, but I couldn't just sit there doing nothing. Everybody mainly remained silent, waiting with anticipation. I stopped after a short while, looking up as I heard a car speed towards us in the distance. I hum, turning to look at the shadow that was suddenly casted behind me.

"You sure you don't want it? I can say right now that you gave it to me an-" I shook my head.
"Seriously, take the day off. Besides, I'm already done. I can stop at any time, you barely made a dent in yours." I point, to which he turns and looks at the barely dug hole he had started. His lips flatten and sighs as he sees the set look I give him. He nods, looking up as he sees the car draw in closer. He sent me a final look before walking back to the others and I continued to dig. I heard the sound of a car door slamming shut, lifting my head over the side of the hole seeing a red haired woman make her way for the group. She was pretty, and knew she looked good for her age despite not actually knowing it. I narrowed my eyes at her, turning my attention back to digging as I honestly couldn't care about what was going on.

 I narrowed my eyes at her, turning my attention back to digging as I honestly couldn't care about what was going on