Chapter 2| D Tent Boys

Tara's P.O.V

            I followed behind him looking around noticing that I was...indeed.. the only damn female here. I continued to scope the place, watching as some of the boys gawked at me with confusion. Some of them ignored me and others continued with whatever it was they were doing. There were different groups of them scattered around, some standing by themselves and others walking around.

"Oh and just so you know, I wouldn't think about running away later. We's got the only water source for miles." Mr Sir smiles cockily. I raised a brow in retaliation but nodded regardless and continued to follow after him as he made his way to another building. 

            Inside were a bunch of clothes, boots, along with some other things shoved in totes and crates

            Inside were a bunch of clothes, boots, along with some other things shoved in totes and crates. He started to pull some clothes together, grabbed some boots and threw them in front of me and then proceeded to shove the clothes in my arms.
"You will get two sets of clothes. One is your work clothes and the others are ya comfy clothes. After three days your work clothes get washed and your second pair becomes your work clothes. You are to dig one hole a day, five feet deep and five feet in diameter. The shovel will be your measuring stick. The longer you take to shovel the longer you stay in the hot sun." He explained with little real interest. It was obvious this was all just an obligation to him, it was his job nothing more nothing less.

"Krystara Diem!" Mr Pendansky suddenly chirped from behind. I turned to him with not anywhere near the amount of enthusiasm as he did and gave him a, well, let's just say my look was clear I didn't have all that much interest in being here either. Obligation was an understatement.

"As I tell all my campers, you may have done some bad things but that does not mean you are a bad kid. Welcome to Camp Green lake." He welcomes formally this time, though I'm guessing not all that original.

"You start that touchy feely crap I'm outta here. Have her change in the bathroom and get her set up." Mr Sir instructed before taking his leave. I grabbed the boots that were still sitting on the floor from before and turned to Mr Pendanski, this time waiting for his further instruction. He nodded his head, realizing this and proceeded making his way out of the cabin and went to another.
"This is the bathroom, go change and I'll be right out here." He said. I nodded once again before walking in the room. The guys room.. I huffed out, walking into the bathroom. There were only two guys in there, though I'd prefer none, but still, better than a whole bunch of them. I ignored the two and the eye boggling stares they sent to each other. I tuned out the not so quiet whispering and changed quickly into a pair of clothes I was provided with. I stuffed my other clothes in the bag before walking back out.
"You should know that there are lizards and rattlesnakes out here you should be weary of." I nodded, still not giving a verbal response.
"Don't worry about getting bit by a rattle, they don't usually attack unless you mess with them. But if you get bit by a yellow spotted lizard. Well, you're pretty much dead then. You will die a slow and horrible death." He explains almost cheerfully. I yawned looking at him with a blank blook, he exhaled before continuing to walk with a less than impressed look.