V

Mari

It's Tuesday and I'm sitting in my math class bored out of my mind. I'm listening to music and scribbling in my math book. 

I happen to look up and see Lauren standing by the door waving her arms like a crazy person. I pull my earphones out and mouth "What?".

"Come here!" She waves me over.

Oh my god.

"Uh... Miss? Can I go to the bathroom please?" I ask with my hand raised.

"Alright make it quick." She hands me a hall pass and I quickly leave class.

"Oh my god! What do you want?" I whisper yell at her.

"Shut up! Come to the bathroom." She storms off and I follow after her.

We burst into the bathroom and she ducks down looking in all the stalls.

"Lauren what are you doing? You look like a crazy person!" I exclaim.

She knocks on the last stall and two freshman walk out with a frazzled expression.

"Beat it freshmen!" She says sternly while gesturing toward the door.

They scramble out of the bathroom swiftly.

"Uh hello? What is wrong with you?"

"Shut up and listen." She smacks my arm.

"Why the fuck are you hitting me?" I smack her back.

"Stop it!" She hits me again.

We stand there for a good minute hitting each other like idiots before I speak up.

"Okay, okay! Enough! What do you want?" 

"Julia isn't here today." She says like its the juiciest bit of gossip.

"So? Why would I care?" I shrug.

To be honest I did notice her absence in chemistry but if anything I was relieved.

"She wasn't here yesterday either." 

"Okay, point?" I sigh.

"So I was in English eavesdropping on the cheerleaders conversation as usual." She says casually. "And apparently Matt broke up with Julia, because Julia hooked up with someone at a party."

"That... could be anyone." I shrug and shake my head in denial.

"They were on the porch."

"Still-"

"They said it was a girl in white and that Julia is a raging lesbian now." Lauren gives me a look that says "Girl you know damn well-"

"Okay that's probably, maybe... definitely me." I sigh. "Fuck."

"Yeah, and that's why she's not coming to school." 

"Do they know it was me?" I question.

"No. I asked around and all anyone knows is that she kissed a girl in white." 

Being invisible has finally paid off.

"Well what do I do?" 

"Nothing. Just hope she never shows back up. Unless you want her to..." She teases.

"Trust me, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet." I roll my eyes.

"You talked to RJ lately?" She smirks.

"Not really maybe we'll talk in art." I shrug.