Kabanata 7: Seventh

♯♪
Liza
Five years ago

"Tara!"

I heard the crowds noise, the chaotic sound surrounding me.

I look around me---there's an event happening. I believe it was battle of the bands.

That's why I'm here. I wanna listen to the music;even though there's a clamor around me---that's the only thing I came here for. It's been so long since I've heard live instruments being played, and I can't wait to listen to it again.

I can't wait to feel comfort again.

I walk towards the stage, there's a lot of people---it feels so crowded. I tried to fit in just to stand in front. Just to see and listen closely.

The music started. The first band, it was a bit messed up. Then, the second one- i didn't feel anything sincere in their music. There comes the third;just like the last two, it was a bit rushed.

And then--- "The next band will be Seventh! They're going to play their very own composed song."

I saw three boys entered the stage. The drummer, he looks very determined---he looks like he has always been waiting for this moment. I wander my eyes, and found the bassist. I caught him glared at me! So I quickly avert my gaze;lastly I saw the guitarist in the middle.

He looks like he'll also be the one singing. I saw him smile. A smile so sincere, a smile so peaceful.

Bigla ko nakalimutan ang mga mukha ng dalawang lalaki na aking unang tinignan. My focused was the guitarist in front of me.

They started playing their song. It was loud, it was a disarray---but it was also blocking my worries, blocking the thoughts I never wanted to think in the first place.

I also wanna be up there, singing with them. Feeling the crowd hype.

I also wanna be part of their song.

***

Incandescence by Seventh

"I'm flying high, above the sky

I felt the ray, I feel the pain

I saw the sun, I felt it burn

Right in my eyes

I feel my skin, gleamed incandescently"

"They fly closer to the sun

Than the rest of us

And there is

Incandescence about them"

"I wanna reach

People by my speech

I hope that they glow so bright

They fly more freely this time