- Hidden Truths -

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO! TRASH CAN!”

I shout in enragement, I quickly charge forward past the fallen trash cans and I jump past the hills and my palm emits a bright yellow glow as my body turns into a huge trashcan man with muscles as I throw a punch against the big Sampo. I feel so much divine in this form as I throw said punch, it feels like I'm about to exterminate evil.

Wait... how did I get here?

———

Caelus scoffs as Sampo offers him to taste the adult world.

"I am not in the slightest curious about the adult world, I do not give a single care for that. Honestly why am I still here..."

"Wow, harsh! You're going to break dear Sampo Koski's heart! Anyways, don't worry! This isn't going to involve anything illegal! We're just going to have some fun!"

"That sounds concerning. By that I mean the fun part, not your heart breaking."

"Yeowch! Anyways, it takes a long time to reach the other side on foot. How about we just bounce over there using the pinball machine!"

Sampo talks as he quickly set aside his hurt feelings. Caelus raise one of his eyebrows as he look at Sampo.

"You talk as if I'm going to go with you to explore this 'adult world' even when I clearly don't want to."

Caelus gives Sampo a deadpan look as Sampo waves his hand next to his face.

"Meh, I know you probably don't want to, but. What if I tell you that, Miss Firefly just now is not so innocent of a lady. Hm? I might know a few things about her, and I can explain to you along the way."

Caelus' eyebrow furrows as he look at Sampo, he's about to say something but stops. Sampo may be right. After all, he and Firefly just met, and she was accused of being a stowaway. But... really, does being a stowaway that bad? Can't be that bad if it's just illegally joining a ride to get in Penacony. But still... what Sampo said... piqued his interest.

"Oh? That face, did I hit a spot? Are you curious now?"

His voice strikes Caelus like a snake striking its prey, and Caelus seems to have taken effect from the poison of the snake.

"...Let's walk for now."

Caelus responds as Sampo smiles.

"Oh, but I did say going to the other side will take a long time on foot, let's just take the pinball machine."

"But you did say you will explain things along the way. So let's use up all the time available to reach your destination by walking and explaining what you have in mind to enlighten me."

Caelus argued, looking dead right on Sampo's eyes. A pair of deceitful eyes.

"Sure then! Everything for my dearest loyal customer."

Both Caelus and Sampo walk through the busy street as Sampo hums along the way. Caelus kept quiet as they both walk, honestly, Caelus isn't really all that interested in hearing whether or not Firefly is a stowaway. First of all, how does Sampo know a thing or two about Firefly? Who actually is Sampo to know these kind of things?

"Do you know about Watchmaker's Legacy?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"Nothing, I'm just asking."

Sampo smiles before continuing his sentence.

"As you may already know, there are a lot of factions going for the Watchmaker's Legacy. Different people from all around the universe wanting to attain said Legacy."