Thirty

Monday morning.

The day had finally come where I couldn't hide in my peaceful bubble any longer. I was gonna have to face her eventually and I think I've finally come to terms with that.

I'm a student, her student and for now that was all I was gonna be, at least until she was ready to open up to me the same way I did to her.

I wasn't wanting to be her rebound considering she was still in the middle of a messy divorce. So in this case that meant I needed to give her space to figure things out without my constant persuasion in the matter.

I threw on some jeans and a black tank top, the weather in the city deciding to be warmer than usual as I paired it with some grey and white nike dunks. My hair flowed down my back as gold hoop earrings dangled from my ears.

I wasn't trying to impress anyone, however I did in fact get hit by a car last week and didn't exactly want to give off the fragile currently dying vibe I was still partially feeling.

My body had the odd bump and bruise on it however they were fading, my cut slowly healing although ill probably have a small scar above my eyebrow. As for my head, the concussion was still prominently there but the headaches were kept to a minimum not really affecting my daily life anymore.

I grabbed my school bag scurrying off to class being extra careful as I crossed every road. You can never be too careful, as I've learned the hard way a red light doesn't always mean stop.

I had my sociology class first which was a big fat snooze fest, as the balding man mumbled away about social norms and how as a society we're basically doomed.

He's a very positive guy if you couldn't tell.

Class was finally dismissed and I had ten minutes to venture off to my favourite class with my favourite teacher who I hadn't seen in a couple of days.

For some reason my palms felt clammy as I tried to cool my nerves down. Why was I even nervous? I literally see this woman 24/7, it was just another normal class day where I was her student and she was my friendly teacher.

My feet paused momentarily in the crowd of students as I saw her off in the distance standing right at the door greeting students as they came in.
Well this was new, I hadn't yet prepared myself to have such an up close and personal interaction with her until possibly after class. I took a deep breath telling myself I was overthinking this as I began walking with the sea of students again. Since she had yet to notice me I took in her appearance and good lord was it magnificent.

Her hair was down in light waves, with minimal makeup as her body was accompanied by a black blouse, skinny jeans and heels that made her look rather intimidating.

Is it hot in here?

Her eyes looked passed the student in front of me as I got closer towards the entrance where she finally recognized my presence. Her blue eyes danced across my face seeming pleased to see me as a smile crossed her features. "Ms Summers good to see you in class again." Her figure towered over me as I felt her gaze glowering down at me.

"Yeah." I gave her a small glance before walking to my seat instantly scolding my behaviour.

That was all I had to say to her? I barely even gave her a second glance and now she's probably thinking I'm giving her the cold shoulder for whatever reason.

I grumbled nonsense to myself before taking my usual seat noticing Justin, by no surprise he was asleep but I was happy to see him again.

I really missed that guy.

"As you all know next week is our midterms. Today we'll be covering Chapters 10-12, so please keep up in the readings as it will be easier to understand the material I'm gonna be talking about in class."