Chapter 3

The next day at the Hazbin Hotel started like any other, but under the surface, there were tensions and feelings that hadn't been sorted out. The guests were up early, each one fighting their own battle for change and making things right. Nifty was cleaning around, with a broom and cloth, making every part of the hotel shine.

Charlie and Vaggie were sitting together in one of the many cozy spots in the hotel, talking about random stuff. But they were actually worried about something bigger: the next Extermination Day happening in five months. They were thinking hard about how to get everyone ready and safe.

Husk was already at his bar, serving drinks.

Sir Pentious was in his own space in the hotel, working on his latest projects. He was surrounded by lights and machines, playing with his inventions.

Meanwhile, Alastor had disappeared again. No one really knew where he went, his trips just made him seem more mysterious. Him being gone was always a puzzle, but everyone at the Hotel had gotten used to not knowing where Alastor went off to.

Angel woke up in the dim morning light, the events with Valentino and the emotional night at the bar with Husk weighing heavily on his mind. Sleep wasn't enough to calm his restlessness.

"Uhh, what time is it?" Angel grumbled, looking at his phone. It was 8:00 AM. "Fuck this..." Angel muttered. Was it really that late already? He threw his blanket aside and stretched briefly. He paused while doing this and thought for a moment. Then he looked down at his stomach, which looked the same as always. "I still can't believe it..." he murmured sadly, slowly moving one hand, trembling, to his stomach and placing it there. "I'm so done for..." muttered Angel. He then got up and started to get ready for the day. He dressed as usual and went on with his normal day-to-day life. However, this would soon change.

Husk was the only one who knew something was off with Angel, but he never told the others, for Angel's sake. Angel was perfect at faking his good mood. He stuck to his sex jokes, went to work as usual. Only staying clean from alcohol and drugs was noticeably different. After a while, Charlie also started to worry. Angel had never been clean for so long.

One evening, Charlie decided to talk to Angel.

"Angel, something's not right with you, what's going on? If you need anything or just want to talk..." she offered, her sincerity obvious. Angel stopped her by raising a hand. The spider gave her a small, grateful smile, appreciating her kindness. "That's very kind of you, Charlie. But everything's fine. I'm just trying to get into heaven, you know! I'm so happy that I've managed to stay clean for so long." He smiled and then moved on.

This day was a bit harder for Angel Dust; his body clearly showed him that he was changing. That day, Angel struggled with extreme nausea and cravings. Luckily, he could hide this from the others. He tried to fully engage in the day's activities.

In the evening, as every day, Angel found himself at the bar again. Husk was no longer surprised by his behavior. However, Angel still didn't want to tell him what was wrong.

_________________________

Weeks went by, and Angel's stomach got bigger over time. Angel was really sick of this situation. He often broke down, crying a lot in his room. To hide his stomach, he had to start wearing sweaters. Now, the other residents really started to notice that something wasn't right with Angel.

 It was just another day. Today's group activity was watching a movie together. Everyone settled into sofas and chairs. Angel sat alone in a corner of a couch. He didn't even notice when Husk moved a bit closer to him. Over the weeks, Husk became more worried about Angel. He started to like the guy, maybe more than he admitted to himself. The nighttime talks they had at the bar slowly melted Husk's heart. In the evenings at the bar, Angel didn't fake his image.