Chapter 14

The Velvet Lounge was dimly lit and eerily quiet as Charlie and Husk cautiously entered. Every sense was on high alert, knowing Valentino was likely up to something sinister. The atmosphere was thick with tension, each step echoing ominously through the space.

Valentino sat in the center of the room, flanked by Vox and Velvette. His wicked grin spread across his face as he saw them enter. "Welcome, my dear guests," he purred. "So glad you could join us."

Charlie and Husk exchanged wary glances. "Cut the crap, Valentino," Charlie said, her voice steady despite the fear gnawing at her insides. "What do you really want?"

Valentino's grin widened. "I think you know, Princess. But let's not ruin the surprise." With a flick of his wrist, he signaled to his henchmen.

Before Charlie and Husk could react, armed demons emerged from the shadows, surrounding them. The realization that they were trapped hit hard. Charlie's eyes darted around, searching for any way out, but there was none.

"Well, well, look at what we have here," Vox said, his voice crackling with static. "Two little lambs walking into the lion's den."

Velvette giggled, her eyes sparkling with malevolent glee. "This is going to be so much fun."

Charlie's hands clenched into fists. "You won't get away with this, Valentino," she said, her voice fierce. "We won't let you."

Valentino's eyes gleamed with amusement. "Oh, I think we will, Princess. You see, you've walked right into our trap."

With that, the fight began. Charlie and Husk sprang into action, fighting with every ounce of strength they had. Charlie's light-based abilities flared, sending bursts of radiant energy at the attacking demons, while Husk used his agility and brute strength to fend off their assailants.

Charlie focused her energy, sending a powerful beam of light toward Vox, who dodged it with a flicker of his screen. "Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that," he taunted.

Husk, meanwhile, grappled with one of the demons, managing to disarm him and use his weapon against him. "Charlie, watch out!" he shouted, as another demon lunged at her from behind.

She spun around, a burst of light knocking the attacker back. "Thanks, Husk," she panted, her eyes scanning the room for any sign of an opening. "We need to find a way out of here."

Valentino watched the struggle with a satisfied smirk. "Pathetic," he muttered. "This is almost too easy."

Just then, one of the demons raised an angelic weapon and fired. The shot hit Charlie square in the chest, the angelic energy searing through her. She gasped, a look of shock and pain crossing her face as she crumpled to the ground.

"Charlie!" Husk screamed, rushing to her side.

Desperation and rage filled him as he tried to help her. But it was clear that the weapon had done irreversible damage. Blood stained the floor as Charlie lay still, her breathing shallow and ragged.

In a frantic, shaking voice, Husk grabbed his phone and called Lucifer. "They've killed her!" he shouted into the phone, his voice breaking. "They shot Charlie with an angelic weapon! Please, we need help!"

Lucifer's voice was deadly calm, the kind of calm that preceded a storm. "I'm on my way," he said, and the call ended.

Moments later, the air in the Velvet Lounge crackled with dark energy. Lucifer appeared, his aura radiating pure, unadulterated rage. His eyes blazed with fury as he took in the sight of his fallen daughter and the smug expressions on Valentino and his cohorts' faces.

"You've made a grave mistake," Lucifer said, his voice low and filled with menace.

Valentino barely had time to react before Lucifer unleashed his fury. Dark energy erupted from him, tearing through the room with devastating force. Vox and Velvette tried to defend themselves, but they were no match for the King of Hell. In a matter of moments, they were reduced to nothing.