Trust issues and first days

RECAP: (since I did not leave a cliffhanger, I will put the previous chapter in summation)

Avery learns that she has inherited her dad's company. Her father wants to get Avery and Matt into the company as soon as possible. Avery has a sudden overwhelming feeling, and Mark says something that makes Avery take a glimpse into her past. She remembers her dark period involving alcohol and parties. After she gathers herself, her father's lawyers give her legal documents. She reaches out to her lawyer, Evan Meyers. He promises to look over the documents, and requests for her to drop them off the following day at noon. She tweets at her friend, May, to go to a party. She wakes up the next day and drops off the documents to Evan. When she returns home, her father and his colleagues inquire the time of signature. She informs them that she will have them the next day.

PRESENT:

I sit in the cozy waiting area. I am wearing a similar outfit from yesterday: a pencil skirt, a nice black shirt, and black pumps.

"Mr. Meyers will see you now." This was the exact same thing the secretary told me yesterday, but she had fear evident in her eyes.

I open his office door and walk to his desk.

"I have the documents," he has been drinking, "now my payment?" He slurs his words and stumbles to the chair I am sitting in. I am worried, so I send mark my location via Imessage. If one of us was ever in danger, this was our "sos".

"Evan-" he cut my words short. "I don't want money... I want you."

"You're drunk," I gasp. His drunk self was certainly not his real self.

"Kiss me baby," he slurs and leans over me. His lips touch mine while I struggle in his grip. He is over a foot taller than me. I am only 5'0.

Mark bursts through the door, "get your filthy hands off my baby sister!"

Evan stumbles back, "dude we were just having fun."

"She is sobbing!" He motions over to me. "It is certainly not fun if she has not given consent!"

I get up and grab the documents. I mumble through broken sobs, "bitch". I walk towards the door, and Mark gathers me in his arms.

"Shhh shhh we are away from him now." We ride home in silence.

We arrive home, and he locks the door.

He looks me in the eyes, "what happened?"

I gather myself and say, "I-I asked him to look over those legal documents for me. I told him I would pay anything because it was so rushed. I did not mean anything."

"Did he fulfil his end of the bargain," Mark inquires.

"Yeah," I assure.

"Go to bed. I'll take your things and tidy up your room. Sleep in mine."

"I can take care of myself," I stubbornly say.

"Just let me do something nice for you, now shoo."

Damn that Mark.

~

I wake up and rub my eyes. The environment is not familiar. Then, it hits me: Mark cleaned my room and made me sleep in his room.

I pull the blanket off of my bare legs. Hmm, I don't remember changing yesterday...

Mark must have changed me into shorts and this loose fitting tee-shirt. I don't mind, because we have both seen each other naked before.