Wins and losses

A/n: the picture above is an outside view of their office! VERY important authors note at end.

My father arrived home late that night. He went straight to bed and crashed. I decided to leave him be, and go out with a friend.

I called Daniel Burgess. Does the name sound familiar? I probably does. You know that voice you always hear in documentaries? That is his father.

"Hello, angel. How is it going?"

"Fine. I just want to hang out tonight," I say. Daniel and I were friends with benefits. Nobody knows, because we decided to keep it a secret. This has been going on for five years now. Since we went to high school together, it made the affair easy.

"Yours or mine?"

"Mine. I don't want to change."

"Mmhm. What are you wearing right now," he inquired with a husky tone.

"Quit being a fuckboy and get your ass over here." I hung up the phone.

I realized I was just in a shirt and panties, so I threw a pair of joggers on and walked downstairs.

Just as I sat down, there is a knock at the door. I rise to answer it.

I opened the door to reveal Daniel.

"Let's go watch Mean Girls," I chuckled and lead him to the theatre room.

Daniel is like a girl best friend. He goes into Victorias Secret and doesn't play with thongs. He fills a bag with risqué lingerie. Of course I rarely purchase any of it.

We arrived at the theatre room. Here's to a long night of Mean Girls, make out sessions, and lots of cuddling.

~

After Daniel went home early this morning, I don work attire and start my Lexus. I drive to Callaway International for the press conference.

Mark and I arrive at  the same time. My father calls us in to talk to us in private.

"Good morning. There are three meetings set for Friday. You both may choose your locations. You may choose from Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles."

I quickly cut him off and say, "LA, baby!"

Mark chooses New York.  That leaves my dad to go to Chicago.

"Okay, your flight leaves in the morning. I have arranged two larger jets for you both. I figured you might want  to experience the nightlife alongside friends."

Excited, I squeal and enter the press conference room.

"This is your press conference, not mine. It's all up to you both now!"

I nod and walk up to the stage.

"Hello, everyone! Welcome to Callaway International!"

I then get bombarded with questions. I hear a distinct question.

How does it feel to get so much at such a young age?

"It feels overwhelming at times. I feel incredibly fortunate for this. I am starting my life already. I can accomplish so much. In all, I'm absolutely thrilled!"

Mark, how does it feel to have to work alongside your sister?

"She is intelligent. I am intelligent. We can accomplish great things alongside each other. We catch each other's mistakes, fill the gaps we miss, and learn so much from our experiences."