Sick

Everyone in the Mansion was up and the elders were busy  munching their breakfast.

Hareem was busy devouring her cheese omelet when Hashir entered the dining room with red puffy eyes,suddenly he sneezed startling everyone and gaining their attention.

"Beta kya hogya,tumhara muh toh Pura Lal hogya hai,jab Pata hai tumhe jldi thand lgjati hai toh kyu ghoomrhe the idhr se udhr kl raatko thand mai",said Wajeeha while gently rubbing Hashir's face.

"Beta yaha kyu aagye jao,main tumhara nashta abhi Hareem ke haath room mai bhejwati hu",urged Mahi while looking worriedly towards Hashir.

"Ammi kya hogya hai,iske haath toote hue hai jo main leke jau ab iska breakfast,waise bhi mujhe college ke liye late horha hai and  Ashar hai idhr usse boldijiye",scoffed Hareem

"Hashir Ashar ka shohar hai jo woh krega iske kaam,tum uski biwi ho,chalo khadi ho aur kaam kro.bhot tamasha hogya",said Mahi while passing an angry glare towards Hareem

"Rehnede choti ammi,yeh mujhe apna shohar samajhti kaha hai jo mere kaam karegi.laiye main khud lejatu hu apna breakfast",said Hashir while avoiding any gaze with Hareem.now he was giving the cold shoulder to Hareem,he had tried enough to get her to talk to him but she wasn't even ready to listen to him.

"Ji bilkul,khud lejaiye apna breakfast,faltu mai ham kyu apne haath uthane ki zillat kre",said Hareem while passing a sick smile to Hashir.

Hashir ignored her while Zayan interrupted their conversation,
"Hareem Beta aapko college nhi jaana aaj?".

"Ji abbu jaana haina,shitt mai late na hojau.main niklti hu ab",said Hareem while quickly picking up her bag and greeting the elders on her way out.

Hashir just rolled her eyes,took his breakfast and started  going towards his room. "Beta painkiller zaroor lelena,itna tez bukhar horha hai",urged Wajeeha

Hashir just nodded while entering his room and all the family members continued with whatever they were doing.

Hareem's pov
I had just started driving my car when I felt a pang of guilt for what I did inside,I mean ammi was only asking me to deliver the food to his room,he had even taken care of my ankle.i shrugged away my thoughts and focused on the road.

My college came into view and I parked my car.i texted my friends Kiara and Kabir to meet me in the hallway.they were both twins and my besties since highschool.luckily we had also got the same
universities during our undergraduate and post-graduate programme.

"Ayo how's my girl today,any family drama with the lovely husband", said Kiara while passing a smirk to me while Kabir just scoffed at this.Kabir and Hashir both had never liked either from the very first time they met for I don't know whatever obvious reasons.Hashir always glared at him whenever he tried to talk with me or Ashar.

"Yaar tum uss monkey ko jante nahi pehle se,harwakt ladta rehta hai.jabse aaya hai tabse lade jaarha hai bas"

"Bas kardo Kiara gossip lena,tumhe class ke liye late nahi horha?",said Kabir while passing a 'later look' towards Kiara.

I just laughed at this and moved towards my first class with Kabir. He was completing his MBA degree like me while Kiara was completing her masters in clinical psychology. She had always been very fond of the subject from 11th grade and I was happy we were all pursuing our dream careers.

The schedule for today was really hectic and I was drained of energy  after the last class.suddenly I received Badi ammi's message stating that she,ammi and amma would be going for shopping as the auspicious month of Ramzan was approaching soon.they also mentioned that they hadn't Cooked lunch and I could order some food for Ashar and me as Hahsir didn't feel like eating anything.

I informed Kabir and Kiara that I was leaving as no elder was at home and I had to grab some food on my way home.

I stopped at McDonald's and took my and Ashar's usual order.i paid for it and started driving toward the Mansion.

When I entered Ashar was already sitting on the couch getting impatient and waiting for the food.i just smiled at this and entered the living room.

He ran towards me and took the food from my hands,"Allah Tera shukr tum aagyi,meri bhook se jaan nikl rahi thi".he took his meal and started munching on it while I kept my food on the kitchen counter as I would eat it after changing my clothes.

When I was going towards my room I heard a faint noise from Hashir's room and decided to check on him.as I entered,my eyes widened seeing his condition.he was shivering and his face was all red due to fever.i ran to his side and placed my palm on his head.it was legit burning and he was just murmuring in his sleep.i decided to shake him so he could wake up but it was all in vain.i panicked ran towards the living room to inquire Ashar.

"Ashar yaar yeh Hashir ko kya hua uthinhi raha,and uska temprature itna high hai",Ashar had stopped eating as he was also oblivious to the fact that Hashir's condition was worse than he had heard.

"Heer mai toh khud college se 1 hour pehle aaya tha jab ammi jaarhi thi unhone bola bhai ko disturb na kru bcz woh so rhe hai fever ki wjah se but mujhe nahi Pata tha unka temperature high hai", said Ashar

"Yaar tum ek ghante se neeche baithewe ho atleast dekhtoh lete,hadd hai Ashar"i yelled at Ashar

"Yaar isme mai kya kru,mujhe ammi hi mana karke gyi thi.ki bhai medicines leke sorhe hai,mujhpe kyu chillarhi ho",replied Hashir

"Acha chodo ab,mai doctor ko call krke medicine ka puchti hu"

I called our family doctor and told him Hashir's conditon.he advised some new medicines and I told Ashar to bring it.

While Ashar had gone to bring the medicines,I quickly changed into comfy clothes and went towards Hashir's room.he was still shivering and his temperature was still the same.i sat on his bed  took his head on my lap and slowly started massaging his head.the crease that had been formed on his eyebrows started disappearing indicating he felt good.

Suddenly Ashar entered with medicine and a smirk was plastered on his lips

"Oye hoye shohar ki dekhbhaal horhi hai,waah meri bhabhi kitni sweet and achi hai",said Ashar while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Tum aajkal bhot bolne lage ho ya mujhe hi sirf aisa lagrha hai,aur yeh batao jab tumhe fever hua tha toh maine tumhari care nahi ki?"

"Mera toh Sar nahi sehlaya aise",huffed Ashar

"Asharfi yeh bakwaas baadme krna,jao paani leke aao ise medicine bhi deni hai"

Ashar brought the water and I slowly made Hashir have the tablets.suddenly he opened his eyes and Iooked towards me.i got startled for a moment but soon formed my composure.suddenly he placed his palm on my cheek and lovingly started stroking his fingers up and down,sending a shiver straight down my spine.we were both lost in eachothers eyes,his grey stormy eyes had always captivated me.

The sound of a picture being snapped brought us back to reality and we glared towards the culprit.

Sorry guys couldn't update the story for a month,I had my practicals going on and soon I will have my finals so the update may be late from now till after my exams are finished.i would request you all to be patient and wait for the updates,don't worry I will not leave my story without giving it a worthy ending😭😭

Please vote too as I get motivated from the same!
Let's keep a goal of 30 votes on this chapter and I will update the next part after that😁

Btw what's cooking in this story?is Kabir another one of Hareem's love interest🤓

To find out more keep reading,commenting and do voteee🌸