Alexandria (7)

GUESS WHO FINALLY UPDATED :D

Sorry guys that it took so long. I don't know why I never finished it. lol. It's kind of slow and boring, but I hope you enjoy. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryn:

The driver of the car got out first. I couldn't see who it was so I just stayed low. They weren't anyone we knew. Both men were in their late twenties. One walked over to Carl and the other towards me. "Hello. I know you're there." One said. "Come out. We aren't going to hurt you." The other said. I heard the bushes where Carl was shake and Carl shouting, "Let me go you sleaze ball!" Then before I knew it the other man had a hold of the collar of my shirt. "LET GO JACKASS." I yelled as I began to swing my arms and legs. My left foot collided with the man's shin. He let out a small groan, but then took a tighter grip on my shirt collar. The man holding my collar grabbed my gun and I'm assuming the other man took Carl's.

The other man had taped Carl's mouth shut and tied his writs together with a rope. He through Carl into the back seat and I soon joined him. Both men got back into the car and the driver started the ignition. And we drove, and drove, and drove. It was absolute hell. I felt like I was going to choke. Carl had a few tears drop now and again, but for the most part, he stayed strong. For me on the other hand I kicked the passenger's seat the entire ride jerking his body back and forth.

I got the occasional dirty look from the driver and I smiled back. Even though you couldn't see my actual smile, you could tell it was there. When the car finally came to a stop, we were outside a huge fenced in area. A man who wasn't much older than Carl and I, opened the gate and the driver drove it and stopped once he was in far enough. Both men turned around to look at us. "We're going to take the tape off now, okay? Don't scream promise? It'll just attract the dead." The drive grinned. They both reached back and quickly removed the tape. It was basically a free mustache wax with how hard and quick they pulled. "Prick." I said rubbing my lips together. They both smiled.

"Welcome to Alexandria." The man in the passenger seat said. "My name is Aaron." Said the driver. "And this is Eric." He nodded to the man beside him. I just glared at them. "You're going to be safe here." Eric smiled. "Well why the hell did you make it as if you were going to kill us?" Carl asked. They both laughed. "Would the two of you just stood there and listened to two complete strangers? No, I didn't think so." Aaron laughed. Aaron unlocked the doors and they stepped out to help us out. "Why are we here?" I asked as Eric helped me out of the car. "We were sent to come get you." Aaron replied. "By who?" Carl questioned. "Your group." Eric replied. Carl and I exchanged confused looks. Aaron and Eric walked behind us as someone ahead of us unlocked the gate.

We walked into the gated community and looked around in awe at the sanctuary that we just entered. There were people of all ages calmly walking through. No panic, no weapons, no walkers. I felt suspicious, yet safe. "We have to take you both to see Deanna before you can meet your group." Aaron informed. "Who's Deanna?" I asked. "She runs Alexandria. Her husband built all these walls himself." Eric continued. The four of us casually walked through the town. Aaron and Eric occasionally waved and said hello to the other pedestrians.  It only took a few minutes to reach Deanna's house. Aaron untied both of our wrists while Eric knocked on Deanna's door.

A few seconds later an older lady opened the door and smiled. She had shoulder length brown hair that was combed back. The smile on her face was welcoming, but there was definitely something off about it. "Welcome to Alexandria." She grinned. "My name is Deanna. I run things around here." "My name is Carl. And this is Bryn." Carl introduced. I faked a smile and waved. Deanna's smile grew wider. "Come on in you two. Take a seat on the couch." She said leading us into a small house. The home wasn't damaged or stained. It didn't reek of dead, decaying humans.

It actually smelt like a home. Carl and I were timid to sit down and stain her nice clean couch with our mud filled clothes. "Sit, sit. Don't mind getting the furniture dirty." Deanna reassured. We sat down and she sat down in a chair in front of us. "To become a member of Alexandria, I'm going to have to interview the two of you separately to determine what role would be best for you here." She began. An older man walked in with a tray with two water glasses on it and come biscuits. "This is my husband, Reg." Deanna explained. He handed one glass to me and the other to Carl and smiled. We both thanked him and he set the tray on the table and immediately left the room.

I cautiously took small sips from the cup. Carl helped himself a biscuit, but I kindly declined when Deanna pushed the tray closer to me. "Go ahead, Bryn. You must be starving." Deanna insisted. "I'm okay." I grinned. After a few minutes of sitting in silence and listening to Carl chew his biscuits, Deanna spoke again. "Carl, I'll take you first. Follow me. Bryn, just relax here until we're done. It shouldn't be long." Deanna said standing up. Carl followed as they both began to walk up the staircase to the left on the living room.

Carl waved at me and smiled before vanishing upstairs. I sat awkwardly alone for a while. It was at least an hour when I heard the footsteps above me get closer. Soon enough, Deanna was coming down the stairs with Carl following close behind. When they reached the bottom, Deanna stepped aside to let Carl sit back down on the couch. "How was it?" I asked. As Carl was about to answer, Deanna quickly interrupted. "Bryn, it's your turn sweetheart." She smiled. I sighed then stood up and walked to the stairs. Deanna began to walk up the stairs and I followed behind. I stared down at Carl's blank expression until I could no longer see him or anything downstairs.