𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 5

After eating, my mom spoke to Manjiro's mom. My mom introduced her to my siblings. "This is Aoi, and her daughter Aika," My mom signaled to the little girl with black curly hair. "The one that is playing with Aika is Himari, my youngest," My mom smiled proudly.

Queen Sakurako gasped once she saw Himari. Of course, everyone here will adore my sister too. "She's beautiful!" Queen Sakurako complimented. My mom nodded happily.

After they started talking about other stuff, it was quite boring. So I decided to eavesdrop on other conversations. I looked to my right and saw Manjiro's dark eyes locked onto something. I am curious, ok?

There was this black-haired guy with long hair in a ponytail tail, along with 3 other men behind him. A guy with black hair and an undercut, and a guy with grown-out hair. The 2 other men seemed to be talking amongst themselves.

I recognized the man with a ponytail, he was the same guy Manjiro had been talking to earlier. He and Manjiro were doing these facial expressions and hand gestures, I'm sure they meant something.

Suddenly, Manjiro got up and excused himself to use the restroom. Typical excuse. My older sister, Aoi, scooted next to me. Her face was serious, but I think it is because she still can't believe I am getting married.

"We can escape," She whispered. My heart skipped a beat when she said that, my brain flooded with memories. "They caught you last time," I forced those words out of my mouth before my throat felt completely dry.

I shook my head, and her damp eyes looked at me, hopeful. Well, a few years ago when she was 15, she tried escaping. The plan seemed perfect, the night before a Royale meeting she tried escaping. It was rainy, she already had a plan.

As soon as the clock struck 12, she would have got an umbrella and climbed out her window, onto the roof, and a tree. She wore a cloak to keep her warm, and she ran into the forest.

Her plan was a complete failure when a guard spotted her. This is the exact reason why I will not try escaping, there's no use trying to escape your destiny, well that's what my mother always said.

But the thought of freedom, freedom wasn't something I was born with. I have never experienced it - but just the thought makes my chest feel lighter.

"On the day before your wedding day, it's expected, everyone will get wine and pass out. This is a perfect time to leave. Not to mention. The attack had a skylight and it's easy to access. After, we can climb onto the roof and climb on the trees," Aoi's eyes were completely serious.

I shook my head again, "I can't," I managed to whisper out. "We can, just please. Think about your future, we can escape to Europe-"

"No."

She grabbed my hand with her hands and stared at me. I knew she wasn't going to give up. "It's not only for your future, it's also for Himari. She's too young," She let go of my hands, "Please just give me a reason why,"

"We could get caught," Aoi shook her head, "I only got caught because I was hesitant, which led to me sneaking out too slowly. Another reason?"

There wasn't any other reason I could think of, but Aoi is my sister. If someone caught her- no, if someone caught all of us we would be in trouble. Not to mention if we did get caught it'd become a popular thing to talk about.

But again, that's part of the we could get caught reason.

I shook my head, and she let out a big sigh. "I don't- I won't force you to come, but just know if you want to leave, write me a message before your wedding,"

She got up, "I can't guarantee I will still stay here by your wedding day,"

"Don't-" By that time she already left, a smile plastered on her face. Minutes went by and Mikey came back with a smile on his face. He took one look at me before saying, "What's wrong with you?" In a disgusted tone. I could feel my face was flustered from embarrassment.

"Nothing! Mind your own business," He just rolled his eyes and hummed a sound in agreement.

Hours later, I was so done with this party. I had been strong here for almost 4 hours! I could tell Manjiro felt bored too. What made this even worse is that a night in summer it only gets a bit less cold.

I was in a dress! And people who wear dresses know that it gets hot in summer. The dress and heels are already uncomfortable. I can't wait to change into my nightgown and sleep.

I noticed Emma passing around a bowl, this bowl contained chocolate and candy. She then handed the bowl to Manjiro who chose some candy, and finally, to me.

"Thank you!" I spoke. Emma smiled at me. "Oh yeah, I forgot to give you this," She took out a hand fan and gave it to me. "I could tell you were hot,"

Before I could thank her, she left. That's unfortunate, I frowned. Anyway, I ate the chocolate I got, it was good. The hand fan was pretty too. The hand fan was made out of a pretty sky-blue leather.

From far away I could see her smile at me, I smiled at her back. Emma is so sweet! She's also pretty, I wonder if she has an arranged marriage? Oh well.

About 30 minutes later, I saw my family leave. My sisters and niece hugged me and promised to write to me every day, they were so kind! My mom hugged me and said, "Behave,"

That annoyed me, but it's whatever you know. Anyway, I have to write to Aoi every day to make sure she doesn't get into huge trouble, the security system isn't that bad.

I sighed and wished everyone a good night. I headed to my room with Emma, she wanted to accompany me. It was casual talk, the normal.

As soon as I shut the door I got out of the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. Then let out a huge sigh I didn't know I was holding back. It felt good to be alone, I changed into my nightgown.

The candle I lit earlier was almost all burnt. I walked to the closet and got a candle, it smelled just like flowers, one of my favorite scents.

As I was about to blow the candle out, I noticed how pretty the moon was. It wouldn't hurt to go out for a bit, would it? Whatever, I opened to glass doors and stared at the moon. The breeze from a high height was peaceful.

That's until I noticed a light from another balcony. There was a person, most likely a male, resting his feet on the fence and sitting on what looked like a chair.

The balcony was too far away. From the candle, I could see the person was holding something, maybe a magazine or book. After all, people associated with the royal family don't have much time to themselves.

I noticed the person staring in my direction. I knew that they couldn't see me but it still felt odd. I'm not particularly good at talking to people like my sisters.

I'll just go to sleep for now, I need rest for tomorrow.

A/N: Hii! I haven't updated since school-related stuff and school js sucks😔 I need good grades to get into a good college... anyway I hope you enjoy the update not much but here!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○