Introduction

Welcome to one of my ONC projects for 2024.

What fandom am I writing for?

Lockwood & Co.

What prompt am I using?

The prompt I'm using is prompt ninety-seven. "It is your first day at your first job, and you discover the library you'll be working in is very haunted.." I am also using prompt sixty-two, "There is something creepy about the new librarian at school.."

How am I using the prompt(s)?

The new school librarian finds out that not only is the library they're working at haunted, but the entire school, but the reason they're able even to have the job despite limited job experience is because of the staff turnaround because of a toxic work environment, but this story takes place in a universe where The Problem occurred, where ghosts started becoming a problem and killing people and the staff at the school are told to leave before curfew but not leave before their work is done.

While the school is haunted, I'm planning to keep bringing back the story to the librarian(s) and the library through the entire story, with the students thinking Lindsey Eden (the newest librarian) is creepy, but in reality, he's just got secrets that will come out eventually. This felt like a good prompt to use for the Lockwood & Co fandom where agencies are hired to take care of the problem.

Word Count

- Chapter 1 ~ 747
- Chapter 2 ~ 2,218 - The 2k milestone is about 150-250 words from the end of the second chapter.
- Chapter 3 ~ 3,240
- Chapter 4 ~ 4,555
- Chapter 5 ~ 5,923
- Chapter 6 ~ 7,327
- Chapter 7 ~ 8, 359 - The 8k milestone is towards the end of chapter seven.
- Chapter 8 ~ 9,615
- Chapter 9 ~ 11,149
- Chapter 10 ~ 12,619
- Chapter 11 ~ 14,216
- Chapter 12 ~ 15,441
- Chapter 13 ~ 16,742
- Chapter 14 ~ 17,786
- Chapter 15 ~ 19,659
- Chapter 16 ~ 20,371 FIN! - 20k milestone is towards the end of chapter sixteen.