Chapter 51

I woke up alone, my stomach grumbling. It wasn't completely dark outside but it was getting there. I still had a mild headache. Teigen's side was empty. Since it wasn't night, he may have gone back to his office. I slipped out of bed and grabbed the first thing I could find. My dress from when I was abducted. I quickly put it on and returned to my room. I took a quick shower and changed into neater clothes. I went to the infirmary, to see Viviana and have a meal and also get the medicine Alfio had promised. She was busy putting away some things but she dropped them as soon as I arrived and embraced me tightly.

"I was so scared. Thanking the goddess you're okay. Have you had anything to eat?"

"Not yet. I'm so hungry"

"Just sit and I'll get something for you" I made myself comfortable and she left the room. She returned a few minutes later with a tray of food. I consumed everything quickly and she took the plates away despite my resistance. When she returned, I noticed her countenance was dull.

"What is wrong with you?" she sighed.

"It's really been a stressful day. Your kidnap, the search, and even the breakout. It's more serious than I thought. It put Alfio in some kind of bad mood. I forgot a few of the things I was supposed to buy and he lost it with me" Alfio wasn't like that normally.

"Must be the pressure from what's he doing" She nodded.

"I understood that but I don't like when he loses his temper at me. It's unpleasant"

"So have you gotten the items you forgot?"

"I can't get them today again. I'll have to go back tomorrow and check for it. Also, I have to be with him most of the time at the pack now. He needs the extra hand with the fast rate the number of persons are going up"

"But if you leave with him, who stays here?"

"There are other trainees. They mostly learn but they'll have to step up and handle the tasks I've been managing so I can assist Alfio. I can't imagine it. With his pissy mood, it'll be a nightmare to be around him"

"I understand. Just do what you're supposed to do on time, he'll have no reason to shout at you"

"I bet he'll look for a reason too. It's all he does these days. Shouts for no reason." I patted her back sympathizing with her. I know the horror of working with someone who was always in a bad mood. My first boss was always like that and I found it difficult to ever show up at work because thinking of what I would go through always made me lose interest. Thank the stars I met Geno. A wonderful boss. I wonder if they thought about me. My colleagues. I've been gone for a long time now. Did they search for me or did the wolves find a way to cover it up or staged a death? One of them worked in the police anyways.

"Arcelia" Viviana waved her hands in my face.

"Yes. Did you say something?"

"I did. So many things but you were spaced out. What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing. What did you say?"

"Never mind. I should finish up and go to bed. Tomorrow will be a busy day"

"Let me help you" She didn't decline my offer and together, we put away the supplies we had gotten. After we were done, she gave me the pain relief potion and asked me to go to bed immediately. I did as I was told because I was already feeling the effect. I thought about going to see Teigen but the drug effect was too much, the moment I touched the bed, I fell asleep.

I woke up in my own bed which was disappointing. I expected him to find me and carry me back to his bedroom but he didn't. I hummed happily as I prepared for the day, already feeling excited to see him. I know I shouldn't, and my heart was going way ahead but I didn't care. I didn't think about caution. I was just happy to be enjoying myself.

I grabbed the supplies for cleaning and got to work. I wasn't as fast as I was on other days but I was making progress. I didn't know what I could do to occupy myself when I was done because Viviana won't be at the infirmary today. I heard voices and I recognized it immediately, it was Teigen and his men. I looked up, expecting to catch a glimpse of him. I did, smiling brightly, but he just walked past me like I wasn't even there. My head twisted painfully.

"Why did he act like that? Or didn't he see me? No way he didn't see me. I was in his line of sight. Maybe he was so busy with something. The more excuses I made for him, the worse I felt about myself. Has he gone back to his old attitude? Have I been foolish?"No Arcelia. Don't think that way. There has to be some kind of explanation for it. I just needed to speak with him before I made any conclusion.

I finished my duties in a sour mood and put the supplies away and I headed straight to his office but it was tightly shut with two guards outside. Maybe he was busy. I'll come back later. I waited for a chance to speak to him that day, but the chance never came. He was always busy with something and I didn't want to intrude because, with his new attitude, I didn't know how he'd react. I was so scared to find out.

It was the same thing the next day and my frustration grew. It was clear he was avoiding me and he didn't want to see me. It hurt. I won't lie. It hurt so much but what I was after was an explanation. An explanation for making me feel this way and then switching up on me. By the third day, I was determined to see him no matter what. I marched to his office, only one guard was present outside.

"I want to see the alpha," I said confidently, with no stutter in my voice.

"He said no one is allowed inside his office"

"I'm not leaving. Not until I speak to him" My voice suddenly became thick with all the emotion I was feeling. Frustration, anger...and so many more.

"You'll have to leave or I'll take you out myself"

"No way. I'm not going anywhere" I stood my ground. The guard took a step towards me and one door flew open. Landon closed the door and approached us.

"Arcelia. What's wrong?" The guard went back to his former position.

"I want to speak with Teigen"

"He's busy at the moment" he scratched the back of his ear.

"He has so much work to do and he cannot see you...or anyone at this moment"

"I've been trying to speak to him for three days. He hasn't been free for once?"

"No Arcelia. You have to understand" I stopped the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes.

"Okay then. I'll leave" I turned around and walked away. I won't look for him again.