Chapter 28

"We have sent the RSVPs since Monday, Mr. Ferreira. Almost everyone has given their response already. We gave out clear instructions and our team is already prepared for anything. Everything is set."

Czar nodded to the organizer's report. We'd be celebrating our first wedding anniversary tomorrow, so we called her for a last-minute check. Imbes na sa opisina niya, dito na lang sa bahay ang meeting dahil on leave ulit si Czar for this week. We'd been busy preparing for the party.

"That's good. My secretary will be the one to communicate with you for anything else tomorrow," he said formally then turned to me.

I closed my iPad where I was checking the mock-up material given by the organizer earlier. Pagkabaling ko kay Czar ay nakatingin na rin siya sa akin.

"All good? May iba ka pa bang gusto?" he asked in a tone different from the previous formal one.

Umiling ako at ngumiti sa organizer. "Everything looks good. I can't wait to see it for myself tomorrow. You did a good job. Thank you."

The lady smiled widely. "I'm very happy to hear that from you, Mrs. Ferreira. Thank you as well."

Our brief meeting ended there. Si Mill ang naghatid sa organizer sa labas. Naiwan kami sa receiving area sa living room. I reached for my glass of iced tea and slowly drank from it. Hindi ko na napansin ang pagkaing ni-serve sa amin kanina dahil naging abala ako sa pagtingin sa plano.

"She called you Mrs. Ferreira..." Czar murmured and moved closer.

Magkadikit na kami kanina pero ibang level na itong closeness namin ngayon. Naibaba ko nang wala sa oras ang iniinom ko dahil nanginig ang kamay ko sa biglang paglalaro ng kamay niya sa likod ko. Palagi naman kaming ganito pero hindi ko pa rin talaga gamay ang reaksiyon ko kapag nagiging ganito siya sa akin.

"Why? You don't like it?" I asked as casually as I could.

"No, I like it very much. I like hearing them acknowledge that you're mine," he whispered.

"I didn't think that you're the territorial type." Ngumuso ako. "Paano ba 'yan... Hindi ko dinadala ang apelyido mo sa mga libro ko."

All my published works, either physical or digital, had been imprinted with just Amanda Mallari as the author. Hindi ko na pinabago pagkatapos ng kasal dahil maliban sa baka pagmulan pa iyon ng confusion, I wanted to keep that part of me intact. Amanda Mallari was an author already before marrying the love of her life and it would stay that way as proof that he'd understand and be supportive about that part of her.

"I know. I've been reading your works. Ayos lang naman sa akin na makita iyon," aniya. "I won't touch your freedom on that part of your life."

I smiled widely. "So... that means I could still travel whenever I run out of creative juices?"

"I can't remember saying anything against that, Amanda. Of course, you are allowed to do that whenever you want to."

"But you told me not to leave you," I pointed out.

"I just don't want you to leave without telling me again. And if you really need to travel, you won't be leaving me because I'll be with you. Unless of course if you need to do it alone. Kapag ganoon, gusto ko lang na gamitin mo ang apelyido ko kapag may nagpapakilala sa 'yo."

Napangiti ako noong naalala ang naging pag-uusap namin ni Tita Jean na narinig niya. Kapag may nagpapakilala sa akin ay hindi naman totoong pangalan ang binibigay ko pero apelyido niya pa rin naman ang ginagamit ko. He didn't have to instruct me on that part because I was already doing that.

"You're a fan of my works, aren't you? You're the best fan dahil sasamahan mo pa akong mag-travel para makapagsulat ako. Thank you..." natutuwang wika ko at naglalambing na yumakap sa kaniya.