FIFTH PART

As Santosh's warning echoes in her mind, Karishma feels a pang of unease. She knows she has to tread carefully if she wants to keep her participation in the boxing competition a secret from Haseena. With a heavy heart, she heads home, dreading the inevitable confrontation.

Upon reaching home, Karishma finds Haseena and Ammi discussing something in the living room. Haseena eagerly presents a consent form to Ammi, requesting her to sign it for the upcoming badminton competition. Ammi, proud of her daughter's enthusiasm, readily signs the form, her smile faltering momentarily as she notices Karishma's presence.

Ammi: [Curiously]Karishma beta,tumhara form kahan hain.Tum bhi participate kar rahi ho na?

Karishma's heart skips a beat, but she quickly masks her apprehension with a casual shrug.

Karishma: [Nonchalantly]Nahi ammi,iss baar man nahi hain

 Ammi's eyebrows furrow slightly in surprise, but she doesn't press further. Meanwhile, Karishma's mind races as she wonders how to obtain a signed consent form for the boxing competition without arousing suspicion.

Later that evening, Karishma carefully observes as Haseena places her signed consent form on the table before heading to her room. Seizing the opportunity, Karishma discreetly takes a photo of Ammi's signature on her phone.

In her room, Karishma meticulously studies Ammi's handwriting, practicing her signature until she can replicate it almost perfectly. With a sense of accomplishment, she fills out the consent form with the forged signature and seals her fate in the boxing competition.

The next day, Karishma confidently submits the consent form, her heart pounding with a mix of excitement and trepidation. As the weeks pass, she attends boxing training sessions three times a week, honing her skills in secret.

As the day of the elimination rounds arrives, Karishma feels a mixture of nerves and excitement churning in her stomach. She arrives at the boxing gym, where the atmosphere is charged with anticipation. The air is thick with the sound of gloves hitting punching bags and the murmurs of competitors psyching themselves up for the challenge ahead.

Karishma steps into the ring, her determination burning bright in her eyes as she faces off against her opponents. The matches are intense, with each round testing her strength, agility, and resilience. Despite facing opponents who are older and more experienced, Karishma refuses to back down.

In the final round of eliminations, Karishma finds herself pitted against a formidable opponent. The crowd watches in anticipation as the two girls trade blows, their fists flying with precision and power. With each punch, Karishma pushes herself harder, fueled by her desire to prove herself.

In a heart-stopping moment, Karishma lands a powerful blow that sends her opponent staggering backward. The referee raises Karishma's hand in victory, signaling her advancement to the next round. The crowd erupts into cheers as Karishma basks in the glow of her hard-earned triumph.

However, victory comes at a cost. Karishma bears the marks of her battles, with bruises forming on her arms and a slight cut on her cheek. Despite her injuries, she wears them as badges of honor, proof of her courage and determination.

As Karishma returns home, she is greeted by concerned looks from Santosh, Ammi, and Haseena.

Santosh: [Worried]Karu,ye chot kaise lagi?fir se kisi ko peeta kya tumne?

Karishma: [Quickly]Wo school main jharap ho gai thi

 Ammi: [Concerned]Beta tumhe dhyaan rakhna chahiye na,har hafte tum maar peet kar rahi ho.Itna gussa nahi karte

Karishma: [Dismissively]Ham ekdum chokkas hain ammi,bas chota mota kharoch hain

 Haseena: [Suspiciously]Aap sach bol rahi hain?