The Lost Journal Chapter One

As much as it pained me I was saying goodbye to Sam. He was moving to California with his new girlfriend. I know that it's supposed to hurt but not like this. My heart was tearing in half and my eyes were burning with tears. I couldn't believe that my best friend was gone. There was still Michael but he wasn't exactly a friend of mine. He still stopped by checking on me from time to time. He still had his mind set on killing his father so we stopped talking. My mother passed away and it's not like I have any siblings to comfort me. I graduated from the police academy and joined the force. I was doing moderately average. Still I couldn't stop thinking about Sam.

The sound of scraping metal brought me from my thoughts. The air was sickeningly quiet. I grabbed my taser and a flashlight and went to investigate. As I walked into the living room something was rummaging through my drawers. I shined my flashlight on whoever it was. It was a man tall and skinny with dirty blonde hair greying on the sides. "Hey! You're trespassing!" I shouted ready to tase him. "Hold on please! Wait...Freya Foxwell? I haven't seen you since you were a tot." He said pushing up a broken pair of glasses. "You're Henry Emily! Why didn't you just knock on my door?!" I lowered the taser. "I didn't know if you had remembered me, I'm looking for one of William's journals. It's a leather bound book with a lock on it." Henry said. I turned on the light and took a deep breath. "Mr. Afton is alive and is looking for revenge on Sam and I. We went to the original diner and burnt it to the ground. Michael Afton gave me that journal. I will not hand it over. If there's more like it I need to see them." I said holding the journal. "Miss Foxwell although you are a policewoman I don't see how you could possibly take him down." Henry said swiping the journal from my hand. "Henry Emily you're under arrest for breaking and entering...unless you give me the journals. Your decision." I said pointing the taser at him. "You little shit! I lost my daughter to that man! I deserve to take him down." Henry shouted. "He killed my family! My brother my father and eventually my own mother. I am going to kill him and then I will join my family." Angry tears stung my eyes. "Fine! They're in this bag." He tossed a satchel at me. "Now go." I said. "Make that bastard suffer." Henry said leaving the house.