☆002☆

☆~~Flashback- March 18th, 2003

L

ate-night trips to the store weren't uncommon in the Lee-Everett family, considering nights were calm and comfortable with the hectic and crazed days they had to endure. But it wasn't just that it just happened to be the youngest member's favorite time of day, Romeo loved the night ever since he was born it was as if he had a special connection to it When he was born Dahlia continuously was told that nights were going to be the worse and that she better sleep as much as she could considering she probably wouldn't sleep at all when the baby is born and as a single teen mother it wasn't going to be so much worse without help from someone else. That didn't happen though when Romeo was born it was as if he understood his mother's struggle, Romeo was the best baby any new mother would have wished for. Nights were never a struggle; it was the duo's favorite time and continued for the next few years until what was once joyful transformed into something so infamous and heartrending that all of the delightful memories were washed away and never thought of again.

The day that caused such damage was March 18th, 2003 this day would tear apart the family for years. This day would also change the life of Romeo Lee-Everett forever and at seven years old a burden would be placed on his head wrecking his life for the unforeseeable future.

"Okay, I think that's everything. Starling can you check while I read the list.

"Yes, Mommy," Romeo exclaims while frantically nodding his head.

" Chocolate for your Dad"

"Yep"

"Panda Paws for us"

"Uh-huh"

"Sprinkles both chocolate and rainbow"

"Yep and yep"

"Chocolate syrup"

"Yeah"

"And finally Ice Cream cones"

"yes"

"Great, Let's go check out and head home," She said excitedly.

Ice Cream nights were a weekly thing, every Friday Romeo and either Dahlia or Jonah would head to the local grocery store and pick out all of the necessities. Once they got home they would set everything out and without better judgment would eat almost everything they bought. That's why these weekly trips were a routine in the family. It wasn't the healthiest thing but it was something they deeply enjoyed it was something that happened, without doubt, no matter what happened during the week whether it was Jonah being stuck in the station taking nonsense calls, Dahlia being yelled at by customers for supposedly getting their order wrong, or if Romeo failed a spelling test after studying for days just because he was nervous; These nights helped them not think about the bad things while it didn't get rid of them it helped them realize that they just need to work harder and that everything feels better with Ice Cream.