1.5. The Sky Dancer

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

His presence was unmistakably dark and ominous. I stared at his figure long enough to be caught on to his trap. My nightmares in flesh his name is Cepherim.

"Let the show begin!"

I can hear them roaring inside the stadium as another performance ended. People from different places, status and age gather in one big stadium. Anticipation creeps in their eyes like bubble that floats in the air. You'll never know when they'll pop. They are the people who seek enchantment that are far from their normal lives. And here we are, the Constellatos the famous band of travelling performer are capable of to give them want their hearts desires. Entertainment.

I stared at myself in the mirror. The fiery red hair and the forest green eyes are clashing before my eyes. Like two opposite things that cannot be together. Forest and fire doesn't blend so well. And even if it does it creates death. I can see the turmoil building up in my heart in that pair of eyes staring back at me. I touched my right ear. The pain feels like it's hot but when I touch it with my fingers it feels cold. This feeling, it's the same like holding an ice cube on your palms. It hurts like its burning but the skin is left freezing. I bit my lip and crouched, I covered my ears as I hear his voice echoing on my head.

It was just a few minutes ago, I thought he was just making fun of us. But Master Logus, He was furious. His eyes are wide and veins starting to appear on his neck. He told him he will never hand me over. But that man, he just smiled at Master Logus as if he said something foolish. I saw the look on his cobalt eyes. They were dark as if shadows lurk on it. It was intimidating and inspired fear.

"If you hear what I said then leave now!" Master yelled in a voice I've never heard before. "You are not getting anything from my circus!"

"I won't fancy anything from your filthy circus Logus Leto." He said bluntly. "Like I said before, I'm here to get back what I lend to you sixteen years ago. I assume the time was enough for you to utilize her to your liking or perhaps you wanted to extend it?" He smirked maliciously and I did it without thinking. I slapped his face hard enough to brush off the smug on his face and his top hat.

"Ania! What are you doing?!" Master was astounded of course. I didn't even heard what he said to me after that. I was shaking from anger. He dared to talk about Master Logus as if he knows him. That was unforgivable for me. I can't hold back to anyone who insulted master and the troupe. Not even if he has a title or whatsoever.

The young man gazed down at me. And as if nothing happened a smile broke down to his lips. "I see you taught it well Logus Leto." He watched me as his eyes move from my head downwards. His smile faded when as soon as his eyes stopped. I followed his gaze and saw him staring at my hand. I saw him glanced at Ambrose briefly and then back to me.

"Molestus." He said grimly.

"Master Cephrim-" The old man suddenly called him alarmingly.

"Don't interrupt me Festus." He said with utmost authority. Festus silenly bowed his head and then took Cephrim's hat and brushed the dirt from it.

"Well then let's see how well you taught it. I'll be looking forward to its performance." He finally said to me. He passed me by and stopped for a moment. He bent down his head slightly to my ears.

I froze after hearing what he said. What he said was just a simple insult

"Be sure to impress me. If you do I'll give you a treat."

But his voice is far from a normal one. It sound more like from grave and I feel more like threatened that being insulted. He is up to something.

"Ania? Are you here?" Canary suddenly bolted inside the tent surprising me. I look back at the mirror to find her just as surprised as me. She's in her costume already. She's works in trapeze just like Ambrose. They're partners actually. She look magnificent and enchanting when she's in that costume and much more when she start swaying in the air.