Chapter 1: Germany

August 13th, 2015 - Simon's pov

Clapping sounds surround our group as the plane lands. "We are such pricks", I say as I turn to Josh. We both laugh as people begin leaving the plane. "JJ stop!", Ethan yells since JJ is still clapping, being an idiot. I have the widest smile on my face. The Sidemen in Germany, let's fucking gooo!

We're all here for an EA convention, as well as being big enough creators to have a booth in the convention. Life has been crazy recently, with the Sidmen channel and merch and that stuff, as well as my personal channel, Miniminter. It's fun living in a big house with your friends, gaming with your friends, and going on 'work trips' as a group.

We spend our first night there walking around and exploring the town, going to a pub and downing many beers, making fun of JJ who orders a cocktail. Eventually ending up at our hotel room.

Our first full day there is the first day of the convention. We all get up super early, with our passes and all repping our own merch. We spent the day at the convention, its was crazy. We watched people playing the new CoD game that isn't released yet, watched trailers for new games, and got to play some of FIFA 16. We all couldn't stop talking about all the new features and all the videos we're gonna make on the new game.

Our second day in Germany was supposed to be a day to explore and enjoy Germany, but me and Josh wanted to visit the convention for day 2, as we had passes for the entire event.

We look around at tech things, games and consoles. We end up in a group of people watching a 1v1 of FIFA 16. "Okayyy! Congratulations to the winner! Our final match of today will be between...", the man with a mic speaks on a stage as the two people leave the stage. "Oh! We have a FIFA legend in the room... Miniminter!", he says, sounding shocked.

Everyone claps and Josh pushes me towards the stage. I happily do it, knowing I'll blow the competition out of the water. "Okay, and the final participant will be... the blond girl in the middle", he points into the dark crowd. A girl steps up onto stage. She looks around 18 or 19 and is incredibly gorgeous, and very familiar.

"What's your name?", the host asks her, moving the mic to her lips. "Jade... Edwards", she says with an obvious accent on her tongue. I genuinely can't tell where she's from. She looks at me for a second before we sit down on chairs in front of small TVs.

We begin the match, I play Leeds of course, she plays Chelsea. I get the first goal in the first ten minutes, expecting this to be easy. Then she gets a goal, it's actually a crazy goal, I'm genuinely shocked on how she did that. Then I get another goal, hoping it's the last. After halftime she gets three goals, one a corner, one a header, and one a really easy goal but I guess it's a buffer for her.

The full time bell rings and the man who had been commentating this entire time celebrates her winning. We both stand up and step towards each other, we shake hands while making eyes contact. We both walk off stage and I try to find her but get bombarded by crowds. Josh grabs me and pulls me away from the crowds.

"Jeez Minter, loosing to a FIFA match to a girl! Your ego must be crushed", he laughs. I laugh along, not mad about the loss, although it sucks, but I want to find her.

"Let's not tell the others about this, yeah?", I suggest. "50 quid", he says. Fuck, Josh is such a business man. I take my wallet out and hand him a 50 note. He grabs it and shakes his head.

We get back to the hotel and hang out in JJ room for a while. We drink a bit and play card games. At 1, me and Vik decide to go to our rooms since we have our booth tomorrow. I say goodnight to my mates and lock my room door.

————————————————————————

I pull my phone out of my black skinny jeans and open YouTube. I sit on the edge of the bed, taking my shoes off. I recall her name and search it up. Shit, she has 7 million subscribers. That's ridiculous.

I put on her first video that comes up, it has 12 million views, jeez. It's a FIFA 15 video, where she does a goal similar to the one she did against me. She's so pretty, genuinely, gorgeous. I take off my shirt with one hand, throwing on the floor.

I search through her videos, her thumbnails are really sick, I find a video of her outside. She introduces the concept as she's standing in black shorts and a yellow football jersey. She's Australian?!! I take my jeans off while focused on the video.

"I've seen heaps of people doing crossbar challenges, so I thought I'd give it a try", she says with a football in her hands. She kicks it in such cool ways I genuinely find it interesting.

Once the video ends I go to Instagram to find photos of her. I find her account, a lot of professional photos and brand deals. I eventually fall asleep after mindlessly scrolling through her instagram posts.

Jade's pov

Once I get back to my hotel I lock the door behind me and take off my jewellery, put up my hair and take off my shoes. I change into my pyjamas and get into bed.

I grab my phone and look up Miniminter on Instagram. I find his account. His posts are so hot. Like why does he seem like a genuinely nice lad? Why do I have to meet someone so my type and attractive when I'm not in my country. I swear, Australian men SUCK!

August 15th, 2015 - Simon's pov

That morning we all got up early to prep the booth. We got set up in time and have a great day meeting fans, signing merch, selling merch, and doing press.

I also decided to vlog this day, thought it would be fun. After the booth is finished I explore the rest of the hall, some areas being more empty than others. I talk to my camera while going behind this wall I found earlier in the day.

"So I personally en-". I stop talking to my camera when I see her, talking to her vlog camera, sitting on a stack of chairs. She's wearing a pair of baggy light blue jeans, a light pink top with lace, black converse (not my favourite), and her hair half up in two bows.

We both laugh as we put our camera away. I walk over to her. "I guess we've both found this secret spot". I look to the spare stack of chairs next to her, "may i?". "Sure", she smiles, turning to her phone.

We sit in this weird silence for a little while. It's not awkward, or sexual, it just seems like neither of us know what to ask or say first. "You're from England, right?", she asks, turning to me.

"Aha, yeah. And you're Australian, right?", I chuckle a little.

"Yes", she replies. She crosses her legs and puts her vlog camera beside her.

"Sorry for beating you yesterday. I hope it doesn't hurt your reputation too much", she smirks.

"Nah, I'll be fine", I laugh to myself.

"How did you learn to play like that?", I ask, turning to her.

We make eye contact as she tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I think I'm just naturally talented, Simon".

I raise my eyebrows at her confidence. "Ok, then", I smile.

She opens her phon. "Wanna take my streaks?", she asks.

"Uh, sure?", I say hesitantly.

"Come here", she says as she leans back and takes a selfie of the two of us. I causally smile, she smiles sweetly. I see her save the photo and send it to someone.

She looks up at me staring at her and blushes. "Your-", I'm cut off by my phone ringing.

I take it out of my pocket to see JJ is calling me. She giggles to herself as I pick up.

"Hey Jide! Wassup?". "Dude, where the hell are you? We're about to leave and thought you were coming with us for dinner?". Shit.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there in a second!". "Good, because me and Ethan are very hungry, and the other won't let us get snacks on the way". "Okay give me one minute, I'll be there, bye!".

"Got places to be?", she asks as she sits up in her chair.

"Yeah, sorry", I say, rubbing my back.

"All good, see you around?", she smiles.

"Yeah, see you around", I say before leaving to find the boys.