Chapter 4: Game On!

March 15th, 2016 - Jade's pov

I wake up at 9:04- not my usual time. Usually I'll wake up at 7, attempt to do something active, get a coffee, and be ready for the day before 9. This is already a bad start to the day.

I sit up and move my legs off the bed. I open my curtains and take myself and my phone into the kitchen. I make myself a coffee and some toast for a quick breakfast before I have to stream.

I begin streaming around 10 since I had some editing to catch up on. As well as having to get dressed and do my makeup. The beginning of the stream was just me taking to that chat.

"So yeah, that's basically how I met Wroetoshaw...", I say as my mind gets lost in the chat.

I feel my desk vibrate as I rest my leg onto it. As I glance down I see an Instagram notification... from Simon.

My eyebrow raises. I'm intrigued. I open my phone while still talking to the people on my stream.

"Hey", he sends.

Hey? What the fuck is 'Hey' supposed to mean?

"Hey", I text back. Revenge.

Fuck you prick, respond. Dude I literally hate texting new people, this is so awkward.

"How are you?", he sends back.

Wow he had such a way with words! Ugh.

"I'm pretty good, streaming atm", I send, turning my attention back to my stream.

"Loved the boat pics, aww thank you!", I say, reading the chat. "I had lots of fun at that party, although I wished I could've vlogged it for you guys!".

My phone buzzes. I look down at my home screen.

"I know", he replies.

Kinda creepy there, Minter.

"Are you watching my stream, Simon?".

"I might be. Your hair looks good curled btw", he teases.

I blush a little at his comment, and tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Thanks. Did you want my number?", I ask.

"Yes please :)", he replies.

I send him my number and put my phone down. I turn my focus back to the stream, realising that I'm so distracted by my phone- and hundreds of people are watching me right now.

"Okay... I'm so sorry guys but I'm gonna have to end the stream there. I know this was a very short one- what... an hour, yeah. But thanks for watching, I'll be dropping a new video tonight, which I hope you'll love! I'll see you all soon, bye!", I end the stream.

As I check that my camera and stream are off, Simon texts me.

Today 11:28

Unknown: Hey pretty girl x

I add him as a contact. I set his name as 'Minter', and the image as the eggplant emoji. Jokes.