Chapter 6: Rekindle

January 1st, 2017 - Simon's pov

I wake up with my head pounding and my body freezing as I passed out on our couch. Josh finds me and gives me a glass of water.

"Here, this'll help", he says as he's physically dragging my body to sit up.

"Duuude, it's waterrr!", I groan I a close my eyes and try to lack back down.

"No, it's cold water". As he says that I jump up and chug the water, feeling the cold liquid pour down my throat.

"Did you want breakfast?", he asks.

"Dude, stop yelling. How are you not hungover?", I complain while I rub my face.

"I didn't drink as much as you, and besides... me and Freya-".

"Nooooo, I do not want to hear that, thanks Joshhhhh!", I groan as he rolls his eyes and walks back into the kitchen.

I realise that what I said was a bit prick-ish so I forced my single ass up and went to help Josh in the kitchen.

After downing a few homemade hangover remedies that Josh and I made up, I decided to check my phone, which I couldn't find, anywhere.

I dragged my body upstairs and sat in my computer chair, seeing my phone just stirring on my desk. Idiot.

I check my notifications, shocked by one in particular.

"What the hell?", I say to myself as I open messages and see a voice message from Jade.

Jade Edwards. Shit. She was the only girl I've been interested in- and I completely forgot about her, or more just left her off to the side. Now that she's radio and television famous, I'd never have a chance with her. I've been hearing her music everywhere; on her YouTube channel, in public on the radio, and most predominantly from JJ's room. Yeah... he really likes her music.

The voice message was sent at 4pm (my time, so would've been around 3am her time). I must've left my phone up here and been running the party at that time, so I never saw it.

"Jesus Christ", I groan while I lean back in my chair.

I listen to the message, smirking at some of the things she says, loving that she remembers me. I especially love I when she calls me a sexy, British boy.

She must of been really drunk. Not just because she sounds drunk, but the fact that she didn't end the voice note and I hear what sounds like her friends stopping her from drinking. I decide not to text her immediately, to give her some time to let her feelings settle.

January 3rd, 2017 - Simon's pov
When January 3rd rolls around I decide to text her. I go off of some of what she said in her voice message, but I don't know if I can completely trust it since she seemed very drunk.

"Hey, hopefully you enjoyed your hot Christmas and New Year's in Australia. Heard you were coming back to London today, thought I could take you out for a drink or something to eat when you get back. Good to finally hear from you, it's been a while", I texted her.

I send it and toss my phone away before I regret anything.

————————————————————————

January 4th 2017 - Jade's pov

I landed safely back in London after a stupid amount of hours in the air. Plus there was paparazzi and people swarming me at the airport so my security and driver had to make sure I got in the car safely.