Prologue

A/n:
Warnings* this book contains: blood, descriptions of gore, child neglect, (child) abuse, trauma, attempted child murder.

thank you for reading this story! Please remember the trigger warnings I stated in the beginning, I love when people read what I write but it's important to protect your peace<3.

The little yellow frog hopped silently to the deep blue pond, as the yellow coat girl observed.

The yellow coat girl wanted to pet the frog but knew she couldn't due to its poisonous nature. The frog was a golden poison dart frog, it's poison was strong enough kill up to ten humans.

The yellow coat girl wanted to touch the frog so badly but she also didn't want to die. So she left it alone and instead she colored the little frog. The yellow coat girl came outside her house to visit the local pond. A pond where she'd regularly color the scenery while lying down on the raggedy, old deck that would fall apart any day now.

The older woman was worried that she'd one day fall into the pond through the deck and silently drown.

The older woman often worried for the yellow coat girl too much.

The yellow coat girl noticed it was getting dark soon, the beautiful sundown colors, that were a mix of orange and pink were now gone. She was worried about it getting late out but she just was so distracted by the outside.

The yellow coat girl started to packed up her drawings and cool stones that she found near the pond. The older woman hated the little collections that the yellow coat girl would bring home

Sometimes it was cool rocks, other times it was buttons, and even one time the yellow coat girl brought home a live frog covered in mud.

The older woman was especially not happy about that one.

Yellow coat girl felt as though the older woman needed some cheering up. Sometimes the older woman would be sad, other times she was cranky, and sometimes she would be silent for many hours. The yellow coat girl felt the most disturbed when the older woman was silent.

Hopefully the older woman would stop being silent, she had been silent since yellow coat girl left the house.

Yellow coat girl followed the regular pathway home, in the forest, through the trees, in the dark, and all alone.

The yellow coat girl started to feel little splashes of water hit her delicate forehead. This is why she always has her raincoat.

As the little yellow coat girl pulled her hood up to protect herself from the rain, she could start to feel the large brown duffle bag on her shoulder pull her down.

She knew she shouldn't have put all those extra drawing supplies in her bag. As well as all those extra sweets.

The older woman would often call her sweet tooth. It's the nickname that people would call her. Well not people just the older woman, the yellow coat girl didn't know any people except older woman.

She wasn't allowed to.

During the walk through the forest she started to feel as though something was watching her.

And not the good watching, not like how she would watch her frogs but instead a bad watching, like how the older woman would stare at her when she was angry.

As the little girl started to count the number of flat stones that led up to her house when she noticed something different about her home.

Her house was a small wooden shack in the middle of the luscious green forest. Her house had a large porch with two chairs on said porch, one for her and one for the older woman.

Multiple clothing pieces had been left hanging on the porch to dry out but for some reason the clothes were still there. The older woman didn't own a dryer or a washing machine like the normals, instead they did everything by hand.

The front of the house had a light brown door.

A light brown door that was slightly open.

She remembered closing the door before she left, even going as far as locking it.

Even then if she didn't close the door then the older woman would've.

The yellow coat girl stopped in her tracks. Too scared to go further and too scared to go back.

There were slight noises that the girl could hear from the outside. Those noises involved shuffling, yelling, and a cry of some sort.

The yellow coat girl started walking slowly towards the light brown door, hoping older woman wasn't in danger, with each step came a pain in her head and heart telling her to go back.

Her small brown hand pushed into the door slightly, opening just the right amount to take a peak inside.

What the Mexican girl saw was a bright glowing light. It was golden.

At first she thought it yellow like her coat but no, it could never be yellow like her coat.

A beautiful gold color that reminded her of shiny jewelry that the older woman would wear when she was sad.

A gold that was so bright and distracting. In fact it was so distracting the yellow coat girl couldn't even hear the screeching that was coming from the older woman.

The Mexican girl turned her head to see the older woman covered in her own blood.

Blood that was pouring from her own right eye. The eye had seen to be popped, as if someone popped the older woman's eye out of its own socket.

The yellow coat girl then looked at the older woman's stomach and noticed her shirt had been covered in blood too but this time it wasn't hers.

The yellow coat girl knew the older woman could be violent and that she was a fighter.

The bright gold light was still there, still shining, and still begging to be seen by the yellow coat girl.

Was this what people meant when they said don't go into the light? Was this said light. Was it going to take her or the older woman.

"Don't turn around! Look at me!" The older woman screamed, her blood covered hands held together like a prayer, like she was praying to yellow coat. Or perhaps begging to her.

But the light, it was too intoxicating not to look at, the yellow coat girl started to turn her small head.

"No! Stop! Don't lo-"

She turned to look.

So many things happened at once. So much yelling, so much pain, a bright light that blinded the Mexican girl, and finally silence.

The yellow coat girl hated the silence.

But she hated the fact that she can't remember anything about what happened even more.

A/n: ahhhhh first part done! I hope you guys enjoy this story and let me know what you think!
—-Eliza