A Conversation We Didn't Know We Needed

It had been a little bit since Earth had the hallucinations and he felt miserable. How could he treat his friends like that?! He was such an idiot. That's all he could think and it started to send him into a downward spiral. He closed his eyes and sighed. 

Luna approached him from behind and Earth had felt it. He looked up and spoke. "Who- who's, wait..." Luna looked at him with a frown. "Hey Earth." Earth was confused. "Moon? You... you're back?" Earth frowned but had a bit of hope. Maybe he wasn't fully alone after all! Maybe they hadn't abandoned him!

"Yes. I- I think we need to talk." Luna had a solid frown on his face and Earth looked...upset? Sad, mostly. They slowly blinked at each other and sat in silence. Earth turned away from the moon. "I, uh I don't understand!" He blinked and turned back to look at the moon once more. "Why are you back?" He needed to know why the person he had hurt the most with his ego had decided to come back and stay!

Luna's frown lessened. "Sorry it took me so long. I had to try to fix the mess you created but I couldn't do much. Now there's a whole moon uprising going on lead by Titan and Ganymede! Yeah..." Luna turned to look at the Earth.

"Wait, so, you didn't really abandon me? You were actually, helping me?" Earth was shocked. This didn't make any sense to him! "Why? After everything I said I-" Luna cut him off. "Listen Earth. How long have we known each other?" He quickly responded to the moons question. "A couple million years?" Was Luna trying to make a point?

"Exactly. I've seen you through all your phases. You weren't always like this, you know." Earth thought back to before he had life and his times he had tried his hardest to make it and maintain it. Earth still looked depressed. How can Luna so easily forgive him?! It made him mad. But at the same time, he was sad. He had friends that accepted him and his flaws but he took advantage of them. Even then, Luna forgave him...

"You tried more than anyone to develop life and you succeeded and achieved your dreams! But then, you...changed. The earthlings took advantage of you. Polluted your oceans, destroyed your forests, all while searching for another place to escape to once they're done with you! None of us have been through that." The moon was looking off into the distance now.

Earth frowned, looked at the moon, and spoke. "You're wrong." Luna turned out of surprise and questioned him. "What?" Earth looked away again and continued speaking. "Well, I mean you're right but, what? Is that my excuse? I shouldn't try harder?" He seemed somewhat desperate yet angered. 

The moon was flabbergasted. "Uh, wh-what are you saying?" They were now facing each other. "I'm saying that I suck and that I don't deserve your friendship!" He quickly floated away. "You don't de- what?!" His eyes were wide. What was earth doing?