An Eye-Opening Truth

"And now they're all acting like I'm crazy or something!" Earth was confused and upset. He didn't understand. He sat in his thoughts but not for long because Mars' voice brought him out of it. Earth quickly turned around and stared at Mars. Why was he clear?

"Exactly Earth! You did nothing wrong. Titan was just jealous. I don't know why I reacted that strongly either." He was shocked! He couldn't help but stare. Right after Mars, Venus came out of nowhere and started speaking as well.

"And I just started accusing you of stuff out of nowhere!" Earth gave a small smile. "You know how hotheaded I can get!" Venus burst out laughing and Earth decided to join in. "Haha, yeah!" Earth's smile faded. "Well, don't cut yourself short." He was silent for a moment. "Yes, I was kind of playing you up against each other... But I had my reasons!" Earth gave a nervous smile to Venus.

Mars came up beside him and spoke again. "Exactly. And that all that matters!" Mars smiled at him. "A good friend would forgive absolutely everything you do to them. No matter how insecure or cruel." Mars started floating away from Earth. His smile faded.

Earth spoke up. "I... insecure and cruel? Well I wouldn't say-" Venus cut him off. "of course you were! We tried being honest with you and you doubled down on your flaws until we couldn't take it anymore!" Somehow, Venus and Mars had a smile still of their faces. "But that's just what best friends do, right?"

Earth looked confused and slightly offended. "Okay, this is getting weird. But you can't be okay with this right?" He questioned the other planets. Mars turned to him and spoke. "Well why wouldn't we be, pal?" This made Earth even more confused. "Because...'cause you're my friends!" His voice was soft but sincere. "Because you tell me when I screw up! Because you don't let me get away with everything! Because you're-" He was cut off again.

Luna's voice came from behind him. "Honest? Who needs honesty?" Earth turned around and stared. "You just want everyone to come back to you and tell you that it's all good, right?" Moon slowly approached him. "What? No! I-" Luna interrupted him. "That's how it usually goes, isn't it? Your earthlings are so important! Everybody has to respect that, right? It doesn't even matter that you treat everyone around you like garbage! They should be sorry! They should apologize to you!" Luna kept approaching.

"Hey, stop it!" Earth exclaimed. Mars and Venus slowly approached behind him with dark smiles on their faces. "I didn't treat anyone like garbage!" Earth began getting defensive. "Sure, I made mistakes but-" Cut off once again. "Well what about me?" Luna somehow continued smiling at him. "The one who keeps catching asteroids for you? Who keeps his access in check, for your earthlings?!" Luna began glaring at him.

Earth tried to speak again. "That isn't-" Luna spoke loudly, clearly angry. "I deal with your fits. I deal with your earthlings on my surface. I help you when you get in trouble. I always come back and you-" Earth tried to stop him. "Stop it! You know that I appreciate you for-" He didn't seem to care though. "Being just a moon?! That's what you said Earth! That we can't be anything else. Well you know what? I  had enough of you and I'm never coming back!" Suddenly, they all disappeared and he was left alone.