Part 3

Finn's POV:

Is Eric trying to drive me insane? Is he putting on an act, or is he really just this cute? He's trying to look at me and away at the same time, and I don't know if he wants my attention, or if he's scared and trying to hide. If he did want my attention, why didn't he just ask for it? Is he nervous or something? Maybe I should give him some and see if that's really what he wants or not. Even if that isn't it, it'll still be fun to see his reaction.

I reach over to his hand, and lace my fingers through his. He whips his head around to stare at me.

"Wha...?" he starts. His face turns a hilarious shade of red. "Huh?"

He's just too damn cute. How could I not tease him, if he's gonna react like this? I wink at him and tighten my grip on his hand, grinning. Somehow, his face gets even more red. He looks away and awkwardly closes his own hand around mine. Surprising, but not that surprising. Now, this could totally be the alcohol, but I swear my heart speeds up a little. Now, normally, I'm so used to the alcohol that barely anything happens anymore. I've been drinking since I shouldn't have legally been allowed to, so I've built up quite a tolerance. It turns out you aren't breaking rules if there aren't any rules to break. Sadly, my parents didn't even try to set rules for me or my sister. I'd finally had enough when their carelessness almost killed her, and I called CPS on them, and we were taken away. That was when I was fifteen, so I still never got the rules I'd needed... or a childhood.

"Finn?" Eric didn't look so flustered anymore. He looked... worried? What was wrong?

"Finn, are you alright? Why are you crying?" Eric looked like he was about to cry himself.

"Why am I... what?" I used my free hand to wipe my face. I guess I really had been crying. "No.. reason. Just... never mind." I clenched my jaw. Uncool. First day I met him and crying in front of him already. Pathetic.

"You can... tell me, if you want." He squeezes my hand. "I'll listen." His gaze finally makes it to my own eyes, staring directly at me, unwavering. It makes me want to start crying again. And then I do. Of course I do. Nobody looks at me like this. Like they actually care. Why would they need to? I'm... perfectly fine.

We make it back to our dorm, but before Eric unlocks the door and goes in, he turns to me.

"Finn," he starts, making direct eye contact with me again. "Really, if you need anything, I'm here. You can tell me anything. I won't judge you, if that's what you're worried about."

Why is he being so nice? And... what's this feeling? It feels like someone lifted my heart out of my chest. Carefully, but it still hurt. After all, you're still losing your heart. But now I feel empty and in pain. I need something to fill this hole in my chest.

I pull Eric closer to me, but I don't hug him. Somehow, it scares me to think about what to do with Eric. He seems so perfect, so fragile. What do you do with a fragile person like that? This is so frustrating. I drop my head onto Eric's shoulder. He stands up straighter, and I can only guess how red his face is right now. But honestly, I don't care about that. I don't really care about anything right now.

Eric's POV:

I feel so bad right now. Finn is so upset, and I don't even know what he's upset about. Did I do something wrong? I don't think that's it. For once. Whatever it is, I want to fix it. I have to fix it. Finn seems so vulnerable right now, and it's scaring me. But right now, I don't think this is something I can fix. At this moment, anyway. He could open up later, but for now, he just needs to be comforted. I pull him into a hug, and he wraps his arms around me almost immediately. He's considerably taller than me, tall enough for him to rest his head on my own, which he does now. He lets out a sigh, and, at this point, I'm so desperate to stop him from crying I don't know what to do with myself. I reach up and cup his face in my hands, pulling his face down so he can meet my eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Finn hesitates but doesn't respond. Instead, he touches my hand, which is still resting on his cheek. Some part of me wishes that he might kiss me, which is cruel, since he's still visibly upset. But maybe all my luck was used up in that moment, or maybe any good karma I've built up made its way back around to me, because that's exactly what he does.

Now, I haven't kissed many people in my life, but this kiss was definitely different. It was filled with frantic, violent desperation, and somehow, still gentle and caring. I could tell he really... meant it.

I put my arms around his neck and kiss him back with my eyes squeezed shut. This is probably my only chance to show him how I feel, so I'm going to make it count. To my surprise, Finn doesn't stop, and it doesn't seem like he will anytime soon. Even more surprisingly, I don't want him to. This is probably the only thing in my life I've ever been so confident about, and I'm not going to second-guess myself. I'm going for it.

Finn's POV:

What am I doing? Whatever it is, I don't exactly regret doing it. The only thing I do regret, however, is not waiting to go inside to do it first. I think Eric might be one step ahead of me. He reaches into his pocket and takes out his key, trying to unlock the door without taking his face away from mine. It isn't very effective, to be perfectly honest. I take the key, and his hand, in one of my own hands, and twist it in the lock. I swing the door open and almost push Eric inside, but I have a hand firmly around his waist and, besides, he seems a little too desperate to keep holding on to me to fall down.

I close the door behind me, and I swing Eric around to slam him against it. My heart is beating so fast I'm surprised it hasn't stopped by now. I put my hand on Eric's neck, and I can feel his own heart beating in near sync with mine. He digs his nails into my back and I press him against the door with my body. Eric's breathing is getting heavier, and his heartbeat is speeding up even more. My own adrenaline levels aren't the only thing that's rising. I run my fingers through his hair and press my lips harder against his. I slide my hand down his neck and further down to his waist.

"Eric, is this... alright?" I pull back to look him in the eyes. Eric meets my gaze with surprising confidence (or lust, I can't tell with his face so close to mine).

"More than alright. 'This' is exactly what I want."

"Do you... want to go to my bedroom?" I'm sure I'm turning red, but with the lights off in here, no one could tell. I'm sure Eric's face isn't any different. He nods. I go in for one last kiss before I lift him off the ground. He throws his arms around my neck for balance.

When we make it to my bedroom, I make sure to close and lock the door behind me. I don't think anyone will be coming in, but I need to make sure they don't. I carry Eric to the bed, and set him down. He doesn't miss a beat before he grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me on top of him. I grin and pin him down. Even if he tried to back out at this point, I honestly don't know if I could let him. It doesn't seem like he's going to anytime soon, though. Eric looks like he's enjoying this just as much, if not more than I am.

I slide my hand under his shirt, lifting it up to reveal a surprisingly fit figure. Not very muscular, but more on the feminine side, with a slim waist and wider hips, but still definitely belonging to a male. Makes me wonder what the rest of his body is like. I suppose this is my chance to find out. But, before I get the chance, Eric pulls my face toward his once again, parting my lips with his tongue and trailing his finger slowly along my jawline. Using his other hand, he begins to unzip my jeans. I guess he really is serious about this. Not that I'm complaining. I pull my face back a little to lift his shirt over his head. Damn, this is surreal. First day with my new roommate, and now I guess we're about to bang. Again, I'm far from opposed to it.

Now that both of us are half-naked, I guess it's time to... take the next step.