Chapter 1: Finding New Demigods

The Hunters

They serve Artemis. They are mortals, demigods, and nymphs. Swearing off boys forever. To be a maiden for Artemis. They also have immortality.

In the few months, I have been away from Annabeth and Thalia it seemed that's all they could talk about. It was something new and exciting. They have been trying to recruit them... and myself. I didn't tell Percy about it. My sister and Annabeth didn't tell him either. At first, Annabeth wasn't considering it. Then she found out about her family and San Fransico... Now she's considering it.

As for my sister, she was hesitating. She told me she wouldn't do it. I know her. She wants to do it. She can be 15 forever. She won't be the child of the prophecy. They wouldn't keep asking her to join them if she wasn't already considering it. I said I wouldn't join and she said she wouldn't if I didn't. So here we are. I may have only had her back for not even a year but I know her... She wants this.

"Annabeth and Thalia should be here soon," Percy told me as he knocked on my bedroom door. I had left my door open. Sally was kind enough to let me live here with her and Percy for the school year. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at him. "I'm ready to go," I responded, standing up. Thalia and I nearly didn't want to leave each other again. However, I knew that Percy would have ended up staying at camp for me. He was ready to do so and I told him so. I knew he would miss his mom and I didn't want them to be apart after the quest we had. So the two of us went back.

Annabeth offered Thalia to go with her. So they had each other at a different school. Percy and I hoped they'd go to the same school as us but I knew they didn't have a choice. Besides, it wouldn't be good for four demigods to attend the same school in the long run. They were on their way here because Grover wrote to us about there being an emergency. Chiron had ordered all the satyrs to attend schools to find more demigods. Our numbers were going down and that wasn't good for camp.

There was a knock at the door.

"Percy, Alexis! Annabeth and Thalia are here!" Sally called. "Are you two ready?"

Thalia Grace Solstice, my sister, daughter of Zeus. She kept her hair short and spikey. Her blue eyes could pierce through your soul. From the moment she returned a lot of things had changed. I know that Percy had trouble with it too. I was so sick of people comparing us. I grew my hair longer. It was once down to my shoulders. Now, it's down my back. However, as she's now 15. She is growing up. Meaning her body already went through those changes everyone talks about. I'm only 13. I was only starting.

Annabeth Chase, one of my few best friends. She will be 14 in July. She was just like me and only starting to change. She looks beautiful now though so I couldn't imagine how she'll look like afterward. She was excited to tell me that she was finally getting out of that sister stage with Thalia. She was proving herself to also be a friend. Which I think was amazing. I was slightly worried about being replaced in that area too but we'll just have to see what happens.

I walked into the living room. Percy was helping his mom load the car with our bags. Thalia and Annabeth were standing in the living room talking. "Alexis," Thalia greeted me with a hug. We haven't seen each other since August. So it was nearly four months. She looked like a younger version of our mom. I didn't look so much like her anymore. People always thought we were identical. I looked half like my mom and half like my dad. You could tell the difference now that's not just the hairstyle and eyes.

"It's been a while," I responded with a smile. Once we released each other from the hug. I looked at Annabeth. "At least we knew where you were this time," She admitted, hugging me. I couldn't help but laugh a little. "And we know I'd be returning to camp with you guys," I added.