Chapter 4: Holding the Sky

Artemis had sent for her brother Apollo to come and give us a ride back to camp. The whole time Nico was asking me tons of questions. I was starting to feel overwhelmed. Mixed with loving it. I always wanted a younger sibling. I was lonely thinking I was an only sibling and I had outgrown my imaginary friend, Thalia.

Apollo showed up. We all had gathered around. I stood next to Thalia and Annabeth. Percy stood on my other side.

"Woah..." Annabeth's jaw dropped.

"Apollo's hot," Thalia whispered.

"It should be illegal to look that good..." I muttered.

He looked older. Maybe a year or two older than Thalia. Percy muttered something not very happy and I couldn't even ask him what he said. He greeted Thalia and Artemis because they were his sisters. "I wanted to ask you something," Percy told me. "The hunters-"

He was interrupted.

Next thing I know we are all in Apollo's car and Thalia was trying to drive but she was freaking out. I pursed my lips. It was ironic the daughter of the sky was scared of heights. It was also ironic because I had a grown to have a fear of the dark.

"Nico will be staying in Hermes cabin," Chiron said mostly to himself. Nico was out with Grover for orientation. Percy looked over at me. I didn't realize that I had missed so much of them. Apollo had left. The Hunters were gone to their cabin. "Actually, Chiron. He can stay with me in Cabin 13," I offered. "I have a feeling he's going to be claimed soon." I hinted.

Chiron looked at me for a moment. It took him a second but he nodded reluctantly. "Well, maybe only if he's claimed by tonight."

"Now you go off and get ready for the capture the flag game. Nico will be in good hands with Grover." I hesitated but nodded. I walked down the pathways and headed to my cabin. Camp was mainly empty. I wasn't sure how this game was going to be fair but it never was. I had gotten ready. I have my sword from my father. Percy's dad had gifted me with a shield last summer before the school year started.

There was a knock at my door. I walked over and there stood Bianca. She looked nervous. "Hey, can we talk?" She asked. I nodded my head and stepped to the side so she could come in. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked keeping my voice gentle. She was playing with the bracelet I gifted her.

"I hope you don't think badly of me for joining the Hunters," Bianca admitted. "I've always dreamed of having an older sister. Mainly cause I'd be a middle child and they seemed to be overlooked a lot."

I guided her to sit down with me on the couch. "I don't think that way at all," I promised. I was more mad at the Hunters. Thalia was considering joining them and now Bianca had joined. "It's just my entire life even when our mom was alive. She had me help take care of Nico. I just want to see what my life will be like not as a big sister. I didn't sign up to be his mom. I want to be the fun sister. I want to find who I am because there's more to me than that."

"I think you joining the hunters is a good idea," I hated that I said it. I don't think anything good will come from it but this is for her. "You will find yourself. Not as an older sister. You'll make friends. Have people with you to protect you if needed. You'll always have Nico and I here at camp for when you decide to visit. It's time you put yourself first."

Then the door swung open and there was Thalia. She looked upset at me. "You can understand her but not me?" She asked genuinely hurt.

"You're in a different situation," I responded, standing up.

"Our mom didn't make you raise me. You left us without saying goodbye! When you died and came back but you picked Annabeth over me year-round! I was willing to say bye to Percy and my education for a year to be here with you! I know you could get out of being sixteen. I know you're scared. Trust me, I've had the weight of the world since mom died! Then Percy came along and then for two years we wondered if it was one of us and didn't know which one was worse. You talk to me in private. Saying all these promises of us being a family. That you'll be there. You won't leave me again That you'll stand by my side. I was hoping for a friendship with you but I didn't even get that. You tried to mother me but I never gave you the chance because I didn't want that! I know you didn't want that either.  But if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't risk my younger sibling to have that burden of the prophecy. So fine, join the Hunters. Abandon me again. I'm used to it at this point."