Chapter 3: Hades Children

Annabeth was in my cabin. "Are you worried?" She asked me.

"About?"

"We always thought it'd be you or Percy but now Thalia is back." She was referring to the prophecy.

"No," I shook my head. "I'm not worried."

"Are you excited to see Percy?" I asked changing the subject. A faint blush tinted at Annabeth's face.

"Is the Annabeth Chase blushing?" I questioned as I sat down next to her. An ugly feeling appeared in my stomach but I ignored it.

"It's so weird," She admitted. "Is it just me? Or do you feel it too? Whenever I think of seeing Percy tomorrow. I just feel excited and nervous. I might throw up."

I couldn't help but smile and nod. "I know that feeling," I admitted. "It's so weird, isn't it? Like you're overthinking everything but when we see him everything goes away."

"Right!" Annabeth got so excited. "I'm so glad I'm not alone in this."

"I mean what options do we have here? We don't talk to anyone else really. It's sort of a cliche."

"I mean there was Luke for me," Annabeth admitted.

"But he was too old," I pointed out.

"He thinks of me as a sister," She added.

"And now he's sort of evil."

Silence fell upon us.

"Can we promise each other that we won't let Percy get in the middle of us? I know we both like him. I appreciate our friendship more than anything," Annabeth looked at me worriedly.

"Of course," I agreed to her promise. "We're only 13 anyway. I'm sure what we have is just a crush. It'll go away."

We connected our pinky fingers together.

"I completely agree. Boys are irrelevant."

Annabeth had gotten over her crush on Percy within the next month. However, mine had stayed. I didn't like talking about it either. At least, I thought she was over him. Turns out her crush was on and off again. I suppose now it was on again.

I know she wondered about if Percy had dreams of Kronos then why I haven't. It's easy. Everyone believes that men would be better. That was until Thalia came along. Nobody knew her age. I had figured it out without trying to do so. She turns 16 in a week. Considering she's closer to the age in the prophecy. I wonder what's actually going to happen now.

I guided Nico to where Thalia, Grover, and Annabeth were. "Nico, this is my older sister Thalia and my friend Annabeth. I'm sure you know who Grover is already." He smiled and waved at Grover. "H-Hey buddy!" Grover greeted him.

"Now when we go to the courtyard. You're going to trust me and them, okay? Do whatever we say," I instructed.

"Is everything okay with my sister?"

"That's why we're here," Thalia promised.

"Grover," I whispered. I wanted to make sure the girls and Nico couldn't hear me. "Hm?" He questioned.

"Do they have the same scent as me?"

He hesitated. He knew better than to lie to me. He was never good at that. The children of the Big 3 had their own unique scents. All the other demigods had the same one. "I didn't want to be the one to tell you. They should be claimed," Grover looked apologetic.