CHAPTER 6 A SIMILAR CASE

Sabrina started narrating her story, "I was born in Rajasthan and as every kid even I was very curious about every little thing. Our house was situated in an ancient city that once belonged to quite powerful rulers, there exists a crossroad and a very strange story associated with the same. People never used to go near that crossroad due to rumors that some kind of negative, demonic energy was present there and that many years ago some young men and women were buried alive and because they were keen for revenge, there had always been disturbing incidents happening around that crossroad. As any other kid would have been advised, even my parents cautioned me and advised me to not go near the crossroad but as everyone says, "Curiosity takes the better of you", and so I found a chance to test the rumors and when my parents were out of town I took that opportunity to visit the crossroad and to my surprise I felt nothing... nothing negative or demonic and so I laughed at the people who were afraid to come because of some baseless rumors but little did I know what was coming for next. For all I knew my nights became unpleasant from that very moment every night was nothing less than a horror movie for me. Strange, wild, horrifying dreams started to appear. Sabrina stopped for a moment to look at Ruby if she was alright so that she can proceed further... Ruby looked fine and so she continued.

"I was being called by my name repeatedly but I was unable to figure out who the people were but they sounded like female voices. The next morning my parents returned and I narrated them the events but they laughed it off and even I did not pay much attention to them until that same dream appeared again that night and the night after and with each passing night the image in my dreams became more and more clear. Then one night, I saw the faces but they were blank... with no features... no eyes, no ears, no nose, no mouth... blank canvases but they could speak and they spoke... they called out my name, they called me to help them."

"They were a bunch of women in traditional Rajasthan attire, covered in gunshots and blood oozing out from those wounds. They were moving towards me, took hold of my hand and pulled me to move with them. I was horrified and woke up screaming which was heard by my parents and they came to check on me and asked me as to what was wrong and why did I scream but I was unable to speak anything as if I was paralyzed. I thought that it would go away but it became more terrifying. These people started demanding my soul and blood so that they could take revenge and it became a reality soon... every morning I noticed fresh cuts on my hands and legs. Once, unable to sleep I woke up at midnight but there was a bright light outside as if it was mid-morning...I checked and saw those women that were there in my dreams walking towards my house, towards me." Sabrina paused and said that she still does not believe as to if it was hallucination but she remembers it accurately that she was wide awake.

Anyway, she continued the story, "I saw them and ran around the house screaming like crazy... save me...they are coming, help, please... can anyone hear me, help me and I entered my parents room to seek their help but I was shocked by what I saw. At that point I was sure that I was hallucinating as I could see dead people around them and their faces were reflected on my parents face and they screamed... Sabrina, you will die, we will kill you... and the next thing I knew was that everything turned out blurry and I passed out."

The next morning, I saw my parents beside me worried and they decided to show me to a famous exorcist and he told me that those women were connected to my past life and thus were after me and narrated me a story about the same. He then advised me to visit Amara in Goa to seek proper guidance in dealing with these spirits. I visited Amara and she told me to follow certain steps which I did and see. Sabrina stopped and looked at Ruby and said, "See, now I am free from my terrible dreams and in good health." Sabrina showed her arms and legs and to Ruby's surprise there were no cuts or even scars on them. Ruby asked her as what did she do to which Sabrina replied by saying that the dream was about her and some women who were shot down by her father after he deceived her for her wealth. Sabrina said that along with her those innocent women were shot down as well and all she did was to perform proper ceremony so that the women could rest in peace after they were killed in vain. Ruby was confused and said, "That's it, that was all you had to do?" Sabrina smiled and nodded in agreement.

Ruby looked at Amarathen Sabrina and back at Amara, still confused. Amara laughed and said, "Ruby, you need to find the root cause, goback to where it all began and you will find your answers." Ruby exclaimedand said that she now knew what to do and that she knew what exactly will beher next step to which Sabrina and Amara nodded their heads and smiled at her.Ruby was grateful and thanked both Amara and Sabrina for helping her and withthat she bid farewell to them both and headed back to her hotel ready to embarkon a new journey.