CHAPTER 14 VICTORY

Ruby was happy to be back in Mumbai, back to her life. She was exhausted and felt like she did not even get a second to breathe and was continuously on a run to solve the mysteries. She reached her house and entered her room, dropped her luggage and dozed off, way too tired to even change into comfortable outfit.

After nice four hour sleep she woke up and was hungry, too lazy to cook and ordered from outside. After a full meal she felt some energy in her body and the first thought that came to her mind was to talk to Amara and narrate her every single bit of her travel experience. She immediately looked for her phone, searched up Amara and called her. Amara picked up the phone right after the first ring as if she was waiting for Ruby to call her and said, "Ruby, finally you called... I was waiting for your call... so, tell me how was it... did you solve it and is everything fine now?" and she could have gone on and on had Ruby not interrupted her.

Ruby replied, "Calm down Amara, everything is fine now, my journey was amazing but it was really tiring." She continued after a little pause, "you know what happened... when I finally reached grandpa's house and asked about granny, I found out that the information I gathered was not enough to solve the mystery so I had to travel to Jabalpur, granny's hometown and on reaching there..." and she went on with her story describing even the minutest details to her sister and after a long conversation said, "now, everything is fine and I am glad that I was able to fulfill her wish." Amara on the other side was listening very carefully and after she finished describing her journey, she smiled and said, "Well done Ruby... I always believed in you and that you could do this... good job." Ruby thanked her and disconnected the call.

Ruby decided to return to work immediately when suddenly her phone rang and it was Ameena as if she knew that Ruby was back in town. She answered the phone and asked Ameena as to how was she and after a little conversation said, "How about we meet tomorrow and catch up on some latest gossips" to which Ameena replied, "sure, I have a lot to tell you and I want to know everything about your trip, okay." Ruby laughed and agreed and then disconnected the call. She looked at the time and found that it was too late and that she should go to sleep.

That night another dream happened but this time it was not dangerous and Ruby smiled while dreaming. A beautiful young girl could be seen holding a white lily in her hands and suddenly she grew up into an old woman who was none other than her granny and she was holding her favorite white Madonna Lily in her hands and tears welled up in her eyes. She spoke in a soft, shrill voice, "Thank you Ruby... thank you for helping me, take care... goodbye," and her image faded away and so did the dream. Ruby smiled and then dozed off.

The next day was ausual morning with everything back to normal, she woke up, got dressed, readyto leave for work and even more excited to meet Ameena. After work hours thetwo friends caught up with each other and gossiped about every little event thattook place, the day came to an end with the sun setting and so did the mysteryof dreams.