1.03

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Season 1 Ep 03

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Rooftop:

On the rooftop we see Merle still cuffed to the pipe on the roof. He looks sweaty and tired but is still trying to get free. He is trying to slip the cuffs but is unable to do so he gives up for a second. He starts talking to himself seemingly hallucinating.

"That's right. You heard me, bitch! You got a problem?" He struggles against the cuffs. "Bring it on if you're man enough, or take it up the chain if you're a pussy. You heard me, you pussy-ass noncom bitch! You ain't deaf!! Take it up the chain of command or you can kiss my lily-white ass!" he pauses and turns to someone only he can see, "That's right. That's what I said. You heard me. And then this idiot, he takes a swing. You know, and well.."

He starts laughing crazily and then continues with his story.

"Oh, you shoulda' seen the look on his face when I punched out his front teeth. Yeah, five of 'em. Pow! Pow! Just like that. Huh. Oh my god. Sixteen months in the stockade... Oh that's what them teeth cost me! That was.. That was a hard time, but by god, it was worth every minute of it just to see that prick spit his teeth out on the ground. Yes sir, worth every minute."

Merle continues to try and pull himself off the pipe but is unsuccessful. He starts pleading for help.

"Oh no! NO NO NO! God! Jesus! NO! No no, merciful Christ! Please Jesus, help me!!"

Merle looks close to tears. Suddenly he looks over and sees the Walkers banging on the doors T-Dog chained up, trying to get to him. He starts to panic more.

"Oh my god. Shh shhh shh." He shushes himself. He starts begging. "Please. I didn't behave, I know. I know I'm being punished. I know I... oh I deserve it. I deserve it. I've been bad, help me now, please! Show me the way. Go on, tell me what to do! Tell me, God!!"

He looks over on the other side of the pipe and notices a spilled bag of tools. He specifically notices the saw. He tries to scoot underneath the pipe to reach it with his legs but the saw is too far away. He instead uses his belt to try and reach it.

"That's ok. Never ya mind, silly Christ-boy. I ain't begged you before. I ain't gonna start beggin' now. I ain't gonna beg you now!! Don't ya worry 'bout me beggin' ya ever!! I'll never beg you! I never begged ya before! Oh shit! No!"

He continues to try and reach the saw with his belt and gets closer and closer to it each time.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××