Welcome to middle school

Summer was a blur. Sam and I didn't really talk a lot, even though I probably could've used someone to talk to. I kind of just used my song book as "company". It sound sad, I know but it was actually fine. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous for middle school. I mean my sister didn't make it seem so peachy and according to a lot of people, middle school girls just became bitches. In the morning, I brushed my teeth, flat ironed my hair, and pulled on my t-shirt, shorts, and converse. I tilt my head to the side and squint my eyes just enough so I look half decent. Swooping my backpack off the ground, I grab a granola bar from the pantry. "Mom! I'll be outside!" I shout. My sister was already in the car, so I throw myself in the back seat, ready to just go back into my bed but no, instead, hell.

Walking into the school, I could actually say it wasn't that bad. Until I saw the most gorgeous face, but the face was clouded over with a wretched personality. His name was Gabe. I guess you could say we knew each other. Okay, okay I admit, I was one of those girls who fell for the terrible person who unfortunately was not ugly. I speak up my walk, suddenly wishing I would've worn my hoodie, despite the heat. Please don't see me, please don't see me, please don't-- "Hey, Peters!" Ugh. I hated that nickname. Turning around on my heel, I plastered on a sarcastic smile. "Wow, using my last name as a nickname, clever!"

"Oh, come on Jade, I thought we've been through this, lashing out is not a good way to express that you like someone." I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"I don't like you Gabe." I said through clenched teeth.

"Oh right, my bad, you've moved on to gay boy. What's his name again? Kaleb? Connor?"

"Kaden". I look down at the ground. "And he's not gay." I mumbled

"Whatever you say, Peters. See you around."

"Piss off!" I yell at him as he saunters off chuckling. He meets up with his little posy near the parking lot.

Screw him. I tell myself. I shake it off. I'll just ignore him. I can't believe Sam still likes that asshole. Finally, I find Kaden and jog up to him. "Hey!" I called waving my hand around. "So, I just had a fantastic encounter with Gabe. I think I'm in love." I joke, realizing he looks really upset. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask. "Sam will never like me will she?" He says, looking at his feet. "Well, I mean..." I didn't know what to say, I couldn't just tell him that she was head-over-heels for the school jackass. No, he deserves better. But I couldn't give him false hope. "I don't know, she hasn't really talked to me at all." I was about to say something else when he said "You don't get it, do you? Your life is so perfect." And walked away.

A/N
So, what do you think? Sorry it's super short. Kind of a crappy chapter but hey, I got the jackasses rolling in, so... Ya.

Please comment and vote if you liked it, it would REALLY help me out. Bye!!!