𝐗𝐈. 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄

grace's head was spinning, she just confessed to cordell about how she felt about him and being told what exactly happened the night of his wedding

grace's head was spinning, she just confessed to cordell about how she felt about him and being told what exactly happened the night of his wedding. she sat in her car, staring at her steering wheel. she kept replying what had just happened, replying what she said, what cordell said.

and something started boiling in her, she lightly bit her tongue before she grabbed a stained napkin and pen from her pocket and started scribbling down a new song. feeling all her emotion being put down into this song and she kept writing and writing before her pen ink died out.

she noticed tear stains on the napkin, realizing she had been crying. grace touched her face and felt the wet tears on her face before wiping them away hastily and placed the lyrics in her pocket and went home.

"and then he told me what happened at the wedding, why didn't you tell me!?" grace exclaimed the next day at her mother's chemo

"because you're my daughter and i love you and i would never want you to hate yourself, wait do you really like cordell?"

grace shrugged her shoulders, she wasn't sure anymore, she wasn't sure at all. all she knew was that she was angry, and upset and furious and...whatever else. claire can tell that grace was upset about everything, and annoyed with herself and probably with cordell.

"i wrote a song" grace confessed

"did you? did it help?"

"no, i guess not, i don't know!" grace hid her face into her hands and screamed

claire let out a small laugh, it felt like she was dealing with a teenager. grace looks at her mother and asks what was so funny.

"it just you sound so teenager-y" responded claire

"so you're saying i'm being ridiculous" asked grace

"no, no, i'm not" claire answered, smiling

grace apologizes for making this appointment about her. claire shakes her head, sharing it causes her to forget she's even getting chemo.

"how's it going by the way?" asked grace

"still feel pretty nauseous, obviously" answered claire

"well of course, but besides that" answered grace

"i'm not sure"

"you think it's working"

claire shrugged her shoulders in response and grace didn't like that, she wanted a yes or no answer not one that gives her no idea how claire is doing or processing with the chemo. seeing the look on grace's face caused claire to feel even more upset with her response.

"i'm sorry" claire answered

"you have nothing to apologize for" replied grace

claire smiled fondly before reaching for grace's hand and squeezed it lightly. grace just smiles before sharing that she was going to get some breakfast for them.