A 'Family'

Third Person POV

From the very moment the child was born, it'd been cast away. Not in a literal sense, but to everyone who would've mattered to him, the child was worthless by their standards.

In an instant, the trajectory the baby's life was heading was shifted, mercilessly and effortlessly, to an downward spiral off a cliff into the abyss.

A normally amazing and cherished moment in someone's life, the miracle of childbirth, was anything but. The Mother held the child close, but the warmth was absent as the child began to cry.

Time passes, and the child inevitably grows up. However, just like with their birth, lacking in any warmth. Instead of being a child, they were a servant. The family had a large house and a lot of the servants were members of the family, useless ones...

The child soon found out why they were treated this way. They, just like all the other servants, did not possess sufficient Honkai Resistance or Adaptability. They didn't inherit the special clan Stigma or any other kind of Natural Stigma, they were all useless, slaves and they'd stay that way for a majority of their life depending on if they were desired by someone else or not.

The entire family was hungry for power, and did anything for it. Inhuman experimentation with genetic engineering, stealing, breaking any wall in their way in destroying the Honkai. At least, that's what they said the power was for. Everyone knew that was a lie...

...Another child birth, this one, a boy - A bad start already - who was given the name Nikolai by his 'parents'. He didn't possess a special Stigma, or anything of value for the Family at first glance. So, just like the others, he was predestined for a life as a servant. However, in his early years of life, the first time he opened his eyes to the world, it became apparent he was an anomaly.

His right eye was a Dark Teal color -The normal eye color the majority of the family possesses- but the Left was different. A bright, almost pale blue. A beautiful combination to go with the that black hair of his. However it changed very little, he still grew up as a servant.

YEAR 2014, Early August.

"Pass me some water." A seemingly innocent request, if not for the circumstances around the request being in some kind of laboratory. The young boy, Nikolai, passed a flask full of water to the adult. He was around 8 years of age at this point. He wore nothing but robes provided, and constantly wore a blank, almost hopeless and emotionless expression, his face was evidently, slightly bruised, with past markings still visible due to them not being treated.

"Here you are Miss." His voice was quiet, too quiet...

"Speak up when you talk to me." The adult turned and glared at him with nothing but pure malice. He took the flask from Nikolai's poor hands.

"...Yes Miss" He spoke just barely loud enough to stave off his beating from the adult.

Nikolai didn't know what kind of experiments the adult was doing, nor did he care. It was likely something to do with humans if the horrid stench was anything to go by.

"Now get out, I don't need you here anymore." The adult nudged him with their leg towards the door. "Yes Miss." Nikolai quickly left the room, walking through the desolate halls to his shared room. He shared a room with 3 other children, all boys, he was rather lucky in that regard. Halfway through, he ran into a group of 3 girls probably around 15 years old each. They were the favorites. Nikolai decided to not allocate brain power to remembering their names, what they did was basically routine.

Girl 1: "Hey Nikolaiii~"
Girl 2: "You miss us yet~?" The girls pushed him down. He evidentially, wasn't all there because his reaction was minimal.
Girl 3: "Hey bastard, look up at us when we speak." They grabbed his chin and made him look up to them
Girl 2: "Muuuch better~" She spat on him, rubbing it in with her shoe.
Girl 1: "Say, why'd a bastard like you inherit **that**? She gestured to his left, blue eye.
Girl 3: "Someone as disgusting as you doesn't deserve eyes like those~ Hold him down."