A feeling of Normalcy

Nikolai POV

The following 5 days after I had my nightmare were relatively normal. Wake up, morning routine stuff, eat breakfast, talk with Rita, Otto if unlucky, and sometimes Theresa along with other Valkyries and staff. However there was also always one part of my day which was more interesting then the others.

Testing.

Usually I'd be brought to some kind of room where they'd run many physical, mental, and emotional tests on me. All of which were harmless if not time consuming but it always gets me wondering why I was brought here when they had other options...

Otto POV

Me: "After those 5 days, many interesting developments came to light about our Young Guest Nikolai. For one, his body is in amazing condition despite everything he says he's been through."

Me: "He has a couple of scars around his body, mainly just smaller ones which have long since healed."

Me: "Most interestingly, it's been found that his body is practically immune to Honkai entirely, and yet possesses none himself to utilize as a Valkyrie normally would. In a sense, this young man has broken free of the Honkai entirely."

Me: "Most...Disturbingly, when testing his D-"

A notification on the monitor in front of me cuts me off. The caller is named 'Durandal', I accept.

Me: "Yes Durandal?"

Durandal: "Overseer, I've returned from my mission and...There is a little boy running around with a bag of cream puffs after Commandant Rita...Was there something you neglected to mention to me about what was going on while I was gone for the week?"

Me: "...I didn't expect him to be so energetic so soon..."

Durandal: "Pardon?"

Me: "He is going to be our guest for a little while, he arrived 2 days after you were sent on your mission, and it seems he's getting along well with Rita..."

Durandal: "Getting along well with Rita? I never would've expected the Number 2 of Shicksal to get along with children...May I ask why he's so special as a guest?"

Me: "Oh yes, let me catch you up."

After catching Durandal up, she seems more sympathetic, as her childhood wasn't exactly the easiest either. However his story takes a bad childhood to a much higher level.

Durandal: "I see, that makes sense but I'd like to ask what about him is so interesting to you Overseer?"

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to let her in on the most interesting part of him.

Me: "He is somehow concealing a power within his body. A power that physically makes him significantly stronger then any 10 year old should be. At first glance he seems like a normal boy minus the eyes, but he is a treasure trove of mystery."

Durandal: "Is that so? What do you mean by concealing..?" Durandal sounded curious, however letting even her in on too much information could hinder the plans I have for him...

Me: "Let's just say, I suspect that a different power of some sorts that is suspect is hidden behind that physical prowess. Maybe from his family, maybe from something else. We don't know much."

Durandal: "...Alright, thank you Overseer."

She bought the lie, good.

Me: "You're welcome, get along well with him."

The calls ends...

Nikolai POV

Durandal: "Greetings, you may call me Bianka Ataegina, current Number 1 S-Rank Valkyrie, it's nice to meet you."