chapter 3

y/n's pov:

I really wanted to go home at this point, It was cold out and dark. I hadn't seen this friend since right before me and Todoroki got engaged so I was nervous I knew he'd do anything for me though. plus he was friends with my cousin so it's not like I didn't have a back up. as I started to come up on the bad side of the town I started to lose feeling in my legs from how cold it was. it would have been smarter of me to wear a jacket but it was in the bottom of my bag and thus was not the area to show the expensive shit I had in my bag. I sat on a bench to try and relax for a second but my vision started to get blurry I felt my head hit my bag. I heard a familiar voice.

"mouse? holy shit Toga grab that bag" the person picked me up my vision was still blurry but I could make out who it was "hey dabs I was just looking for... you" I slightly smiled. he smirked "I'm sure. get some rest if you were looking for me I'm assuming something or someone sent you running home" I cuddled up into him and fell asleep.

a little while later I woke up in a bed wearing long tee and sweat pants. I got up confused "Dab?" I walked out the room and saw a group of people hanging around a bar, Dabi got up from the bar "hey mouse you remember everyone right?" I nodded "wheres my cousin?" Dabi rolled his eyes "in his room playing video games he said he was tired of us" I laughed and started to walk towards my cousins room with Dabi. I knocked on the door opening it "shiggy?" he got up to see who it was, I walked in giving him the biggest hug ever "how are you I haven't seen you in a while?!" he smiled at me "i'm good but why are you here? and why did dabi find you passed out on a bench?" I shyly giggled "It's a long story.." Dabi and him looked at each other then said simultaneously "we got time" Dabi closed the door behind him, I sighed and sat on shiggy's bed telling them everything from the arranged marriage to finding out Todoroki cheating. Shiggy was mad but Dabi looked furious. Dabi was the big brother I always wanted, I knew he had a family and siblings of his own but he said his dad was a dead beat who hurt his mom and sent her away so he disowned him and his siblings. after our talk Shiggy went back to playing his game and me and Dabi went to the bar he poured me a drink since everyone went to bed. I took a sip and spoke up "I'm sorry for just showing up and putting all that on you and shiggy I know I haven't been around in a long time and that's unfair to you guys" he sighed and put down his drink "y/n I'm going to tell you something but if you ever repeat it I'll never forgive you" I nodded and took more sips of my drink "the reason i'm so mad is because Shoto Todoroki is my brother. my jaw dropped "I-Im sorry what?!" he sighed again "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner I thought he would treat you better If i would've known it was an arranged marriage I would have never let you leave that night." he looked away from me. I grabbed his cheek "hey it's not your fault it was my choice I did it for my family's business"

we went to his room and he laid next to me caressing my hair "i'll always be here for you mouse I hope you know that" I smiled and whispered "I know Dab" I yawned shutting my eyes for the last time that night.

*the next day*
I woke up pretty early so I could get ready for school I know I didn't HAVE to go but it be nice to make some new friends and maybe those nice people from the rehearsal yesterday were in some of my classes. Dabi had a private bathroom in his room so I went in there while he was still asleep, I grabbed some clothes and the small bag that contained my makeup and personal items and went into the bathroom turning on the shower. It was nice the water was just right not to hot and not too cold, after the events of yesterday it was nice to just shower it all away and start a new day. 

as I was applying the finishing touches to my makeup I heard Dabi starting to wake up. I didn't want to wear too much makeup for my first day of going to a new school so I only applied some light foundation, some concealer, and lastly some mascara. Dabi came in the bathroom looking as tired as ever "good morning where are you off too?" I sighed "endeavor signed me up to go to Shoto's school" he looked at me with sympathy "you want a ride it's a pretty far walk?" I smiled "that would be nice actually!" I finished getting ready and headed towards the bar to wait for Dabi. shiggy came out of his room "a little early to be drinking don't ya think?" I turned to see my cousin walking towards me. I giggled and responded "i'm not drinking I'm heading off to school i'm just waiting on Dabi he said he'd give me a ride" shiggy looked at me weird "you go to school? why?" I was about to answer when dabi came in the room "the father of the year signed her up for Shoto's school" shiggy was more confused by now "why are you still going if you left him" at this point I was embarrassed. "i'm just going because this girl invited me to hang out after school" shiggy shook his head "have fun I guess are you coming back after?" I sighed "I'm unsure I'll give dabi my number and let him know if I need an escape so we don't have a repeat of last night" I said as I gave dabi my phone so he could put his number in. he handed it back "come on your going to be late" I hugged shiggy and we left.