Chapter 5

"Oh! It seems I've run out of time." Dalia exclaimed as she jumped from the seat. 

"What's going on?" The question came from Cal. 

"Come now!" Dalia grabbed Mora's hands, pulling her towards the foot off the bed and onto the floor. 

"Dalia, what's going on?" Mora looked confusedly over her shoulder, at her brother and Luna as Dalia dragged her out the door, the servant in tow. Dalia kept turning to glance at Mora as they walked up the stairs to the fourth floor. 

"They should've done something with your hair." She remarked as a frown formed around her features. 

"My hair? For what?"

Dalia stopped just as they reached the top of the stairs. Her eyes softened as they looked into Mora's. She grabbed her chin and turned her face first to the left then to the right. The servant stood a few steps away, her eyes still suspiciously unable to meet Mora's. 

"You've grown so much, Momo." A smile spread across Mora's lips at the use of her nickname. 

"What's going on, Aunty Dalia?" Her own voice was softer, less scared but not less confused. "What is all this? Why am I dressed up? Why are we here?"

She looked around at the fourth floor, The King and Queen's floor. Mora frequented it, however there was an urgency to the current situation that told her it wouldn't be a normal visit. 

"The servant said we have guests." She continued. "Who's visiting? A relative?"

"Well, depends on what your definition of relative-"

"Aunty Dalia, I need you to make sense right now. I'm confused and worried." 

Dalia's eyes melted. She grabbed both Mora's hands and squeezed them. "I'm so sorry about this. Your parents entrusted me with being the one to tell you but I was...I didn't know where to begin so I was just stalling. This is such a huge and important thing I don't even know why they're having me be the one to-"

"You're still not making sense, Dalia." Mora shook her head, willing her irritation and impatience to stay at bay. 

"You're getting married." The words tumbled from Dalia's lips. A moment of silence passed as Mora stared at her in shock. The silence was broken by the giggle that bubbled from her throat. 

"Dalia, this isn't the time for jokes." Mora threw her head back in laughter. The half panicked, half serious look remained on Dalia's features. Mora's laughter died down and she stared in horror at her best friend's mother. "Dalia?"

"It's not a joke, Mora." Dalia shook her head sympathetically. 

"How can I be engaged though?" Mora's eyes roamed around, scanning the walls and tapestries as if they held all the answers to her questions. "To whom? Mother and father haven't said anything about this. I haven't even seen them in days."

"We don't have time, Momo." Dalia tightened her grip around Mora's hands, taking a step towards her. "There's trouble. I can't explain much because we're running out of time and that grouch is impatient but there is huge trouble coming, Mora, and your marriage is the only hope we have."

"I don't understand. I-" Mora took a step back, eyes still roaming around in panic. Dalia's grip was tightening by the second, her panic and desperation pouring into the gesture. Dalia wasn't one to panic, or be frightened. None of the members of the Galo ever showed fear. They were the kingdom's most powerful witches. Descendants of the most powerful witches who remained and fought by Eranis when the other witches left or fought with Atlantia. They were wearers of the red cloak with the symbol of the crescent moon with flaming stars. If Dalia was that desperate, that afraid, then something horrible truly was lurking in the shadows.