Chapter 8

CINDY'S POV 

I have had the rest of the week off from being sick and it is now Saturday. I'm not feeling 100% but I feel better today.

I get up and go downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and see Diana, Derek, Blake and Carrie sitting eating breakfast.

I walk over to my usual spot that has my note pad and pen by it.

"Good morning Cindy. How are you feeling today?" Diana asks.

'Morning. I'm ok today better than yesterday.'

"That's good. What are you going to do today?"

'Rest probably.'

"Ok dear."

'Diana could you do something for me?'

"Of course dear."

'Could you book me a therapist appointment.'

"Of course dear but may I ask why?"

'I feel like as I get older I need to be able to speak and the only way that will happen is if I talk about what happened.'

"Of course dear. You know you can talk to us."

'I know but what happened is not easy to talk about and talking to you guys will only upset me more because I know you, I have a connection to you.'

"I understand dear, I'm just glad you are willing to take a step forward."

'Thank you Diana.'

"Your welcome dear."

****

After breakfast I went up to my room and decided to answer mum's letter.

Dear mum,

I am glad you are getting better and I hope that I will be able to see you soon. I am still having the occasional nightmare but that's expected. I still haven't talked to anyone but I have decided that I am going to start going to therapy so that I can work up to talking to people again.

I stopped writing and hide the paper when someone walked into my room. I looked up and saw Justin.

"Hey Cindy."

'Hi Justin.'

"What ya doing?"

'I'm just chilling, what are you doing here?'

"I just came to check up on you." He said then walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

I didn't notice that he had grabbed the letter I was writing until he took a step back and I immediately got upset that he had taken it.

He started reading the letter and I stood up and snatched the paper from him.

"What's wrong?"

I pointed to the door way, I wanted him out now.

"Babe I didn't mean to upset you, I just wanted to ---"

I cut him off by holding up my hand and pointing to the door way again.

"Please babe."

I shook my head still pointing at the door way.

He sighed and walked towards the door way, "I'm really sorry Cindy."

I just looked away and he sighed again before I heard the door shut.

As soon as the door was closed I moved and sat on my bed before bursting into tears. I can't believe he would do that. He just went through my stuff, personal stuff. That a**hole thinking he can just come in here and control my life! My life was fine before he came and just intruded!