7 :・゚✧ found families are safe places

No matter how much I apologize, it will never erase my sins and I can never compensate all the hurt you went through. But I can give you one pathetic attempt. My heart is a mother's heart and I feel like I'm burning in pain if I don't at least try. So I'm sorry, my dear baby, I'm just so sorry.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

To summarize that one night in the previous chapter, Jay and Jungwon had bonded over being the biggest armycarats in the vicinity, and had even exchanged numbers. Even after reaching the house, the four of them stayed in the car, with Jay and Jungwon jamming to Mikrokosmos on repeat and sobbing till midnight.

They also happened to know of the new "hope on the street vol. 1" and cried harder. Sunoo was asleep, Sunghoon was chatting with Jake and occasionally on the shared group chat created by the author.

Anyhow, by the time Jungwon woke Sunoo up, it was past midnight and Sunghoon almost complained Jay's ears off at how late it was ("i know you'll be on your phone all night, Sunghoon, you don't sleep").

Jay and Jungwon had called themselves "purple diamonds" (which left Sunghoon's jaw hanging because there was no way that Jay, the most logical person could say something that stupid).

Sunghoon low-key agreed too but wouldn't say it out loud as to not encourage the two's armycarat fever. Now we're done with rewinding and unwinding, let's go to the present.

As I have told you before, I have no idea what I'm doing with this fic. I wrote it without reason and ground, so now idk what to do.

What you say? Oh? You're angry? You should've been warned? Oh alright, when did I say I have no story to tell? Sit down. We're now going to explore Jay's story, from his eyes and his mind.

Jay is now reviewing his notes for final touches (did I mention that it's time for his finals? And then he'll graduate?). His brows are furrowed with concentration as he skims over the highlighted things. On the ground, there's Sunghoon laying on his back, studying his own notes. Their date sheet is the exact same, with their different subjects but on the same dates.

They have been studying for the whole day, and though they don't say it out loud, they know that the other is tired. It has always been how their dynamic has been like. Non-verbal, non-cheesy.

Actually, Jay remembers nothing of the time when the two of them sneaked out to look at the moon at nights, or laid in grass under the winter sun while their other cousins played together.

Jay does not want to remember anything.

Why, though? He himself has no idea. Some things have to end somewhere, some things say goodbye without a warning. Gone were the days when the two of them played Mario kart together, or sneaked in game arenas when their parents went to have dinner.

Jay doesn't remember when "I saved you a bunk bed, we'll be together in the vacation home" became "ugh, Heeseung and Jake are making out in my room. I literally have to share with you because Jake's room smells carnal. I don't want to, of course, but I have to."

The thing that Jay does remember, is the day Jake moved out, a few months ago. A week after Heeseung proposed. Jay does remember when Jake's chirping laughter echoing around the house was replaced by empty silence. Jay remembers. Jay remembers when Jake gave him a goodnight hug but later cried alone with Sunghoon.