Chapter 3: Brunch with Friends

"Happy Birthday sweetheart!" The 5-year-old's mother exclaimed.

Wilbur grinned as his mother handed him a present. His father was watching as he drank his coffee. His older brother was watching the youngest brother, not really looking at the middle child. 

Wilbur tore open the present, "A guitar!"

His mother smiled, "I'm thinking that you can practice with me."

"Yes, thank you mommy!"

"That's not all, I made you a song too."

The kid's eyes sparkled as his mother went to the piano and started playing an enchanting melody. When the mother stopped the family clapped as she went in a coughing fit.

~

Wilbur hummed a familiar melody that gave him comfort. He saw a few people taking pictures even though he had a mask to hide his face. His tour was finally over and now he had a week until he went to the UK. 

He couldn't think of a better time than to hang out with his two friends: Schlatt and Quackity also known as J and Alex.

He saw them sitting at a table outside, "Hey guys!"

"Ayyy there's Soot. How was your tour?" Quackity grinned.

"Same old stuff. It's always nice to sing for my fans."

Schlatt pulls a cigarette out of his mouth and blows smoke out of their direction, "Wilbur I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Why the fuck are you going to the UK after all the shit that's happen there with you?"

"Holy shit you are going to the UK! I thought you refused to go there Wat-"

Wilbur quickly covered Quackity's mouth, "Shut up! Yes I am going, but I will have extra security. Also don't say that name... what if they have ears on me."

Schlatt chuckled, "Paranoid much? I was just making a point that you said yourself you were never going back there."

"I-I know. I just hope they don't know who I am."

"Wilbur. Chill hombre. You changed your last name and they haven't seen you since you were 10. Chances are pretty slim that that old geezer is still alive. They are even more slim that they would even notice you."

Wilbur gave a weak smile towards Quackity, "I suppose your right."

They all ordered drinks and talked some more. Wilbur was having a great time until he noticed somebody staring at him. Eventually the person came over.

"OMG. I thought it was you! You are THE Wilbur Soot. Can I have your autograph?"

"Uh sure."

She handed him a notebook and he signed it. She squealed which Quackity and Schlatt plugged their ears for.

"Thank youuuu! Also I have a blog could you answer some of my questions like who are your parents. Do you have siblings. And-"

"I am glad you are a fan, but I will not answer any of those questions. My past is exclusive for only me to know. It was nice meeting you though."

The fan teared up but left. Wilbur sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"And I always get asked that. It's like no matter what I can't run away from my past."

Schlatt puffed some smoke, "Why don't cha just make shit up. Get one good story about like how you have a family, but just don't talk to them."

"I don't know? Maybe because I can never get a story straight and I am bad at lying?" Wilbur hissed.

"Wilbur. He just gave you a suggestion." Quackity stated.

"I know, I just have been so stressed out lately. Sorry guys."

"It's fine." Schlatt grinned, "We know you have had a lot of stress with these tours."

Wilbur sighed.

"I just hope this tour will go smoothly."

----------------------

End of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed. Have a great day!

Word Count: 590