𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

SHOULD'VE SEEN IT COMING

SAM ULEY KNEW TALULLAH EUBANKS, knew her better than she evidently knew herself, so it was no surprise that after delivering a bruising punch to Paul's jaw that faded away within the minute, that he found her.

The Eubanks home was not too far from the patch of forest that they would usually meet in, but the journey still required Sam to jog about twelve minutes and thirty six seconds until he reached his destination — not that he was counting.

Because he was graced to know Talullah so well, he knew that despite the amnesia and despite the subtle skepticism he detected in her whenever he showed her something 'new', he figured that she would seek out a place to be alone. A place like her childhood home that just so happened to be vacant from any human presence every day between the hours of 1 PM to 9:45 PM.

Walking up to the home, he noticed the side window that led to Talullah's room had it's blinds firmly drawn, unusual, but that the front door was clearly still closed. She must have climbed through the window, something that reminded him of the girl he knew who'd sneak back into her home through that very same window after curfew. So, he opted for the door.

Reaching for the set of keys that he always kept in the pocket of his cargo shorts, he used them to softly click the lock open. Pushing through the entryway, carefully closing the door behind him, the next thing he noticed was the soft light radiating from the ajar door which led to her bedroom.

With a deep, albeit nervous breath, he ventured forward.

.˚✧˚₊

From his spot in the doorway, peaking through the crack of the door, Sam was able to see the girl he was looking for clearly.

She was curled up in the corner of the room that was furtherest from the door, back against the wall as she clutched that damn Cornell sweatshirt in her hands. There was a faraway look in her crimson eyes, the type of look that Sam caught on her face whenever she was lost in a memory or thought.

She hadn't even heard him enter the room until a floorboard beneath his foot creaked. Talullah's eyes snapped to his, fingers tightening on the maroon sweatshirt as he came to sit right in front of her. He left space between them, didn't want to spook her more than she already seemed to be.

"I didn't want to hurt that boy, Sam," her voice came out raspy, her knees to her chest beneath the Volturi cloak she was still wearing.

"I know."

Her lips curled back at his nonchalance. "I almost killed your packmate for a reason that I don't fully understand," she snarled, frustration clear in her tone, "you have no right to be this okay with the situation. You should be furious with me!"

"Do you want me to be mad at you?" he questioned, trying to figure out what was going on in her head.

She took a moment to answer, the anger slipping from her face with each passing second as she rested her chin on top of her knees. "No— no I don't," she admitted, but was quick to shake her head, "but that doesn't matter because as the Alpha, you should be mad."

"I could never be angry with you, Lulu," he said in a whisper, a soft tone that Talullah rarely heard from him unless they were alone. "I do have a duty to protect my pack, but my loyalty has always been to you, first."