𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

EMMA

TALULLAH SHOWED UP ON TIME, meeting Carlisle Cullen at the door wearing her most mundane clothes: a pair of leggings at that Cornell hoodie. And if the older man had noticed her presence lingering in the tree line, thirty minutes before noon, well he certainly didn't comment on it.

He ushered her into the home, guiding her back to his office where they had to discuss some details before their departure. The blond handed her a small case, and upon opening it, Talullah was staring at brown contact lenses.

Carlisle had seen the quirk of her eyebrow immediately. "They'll only be uncomfortable for a moment, but they'll help you blend in," he told her, and then proceeding to help her out them in her eyes. "Should we be spotted by anyone."

She blinked a few times, the subtle agitation of them making her shoulders tense only minutely, but she remembered that she'd endured worse pains— like the time Felix tossed her body into the ground during a sparring match, and her entire back was littered with marbled cracks for weeks.

It was but a small price to pay to see her mother.

Carlisle ran through their course of action; he would be parking his car in the Northern parking lot near the device entrance, she would have her hood drawn and gaze down, and they'd make their way to the room where her mother was located. Carlisle also ensured her that the nurse in charge for the afternoon would be on her break, meaning she'd have just under fifteen minutes to do what she needed to do and get out. 

Discretion could've been Talullah's middle name, but that wasn't the part that worried her.

"And you think she won't freak out?" Talullah suddenly asked when Carlisle began walking them towards the garage, the voices of his family lingering elsewhere within the home. "Y'know, seeing me 'n all?"

In opening the passenger door, she missed the solemn look that flashed across Carlisle's face.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

.˚✧˚₊

Arriving at the hospital in Forks, Talullah was somewhat... underwhelmed.

Not that she had any memories to actually go by, but the building seemed pretty small. She expected something a little larger to accommodate those within the town, but she assumed most just opted to travel to Seattle for care.

The service door entryway led them to an isolated hallway, patient rooms lined up and down the area with some doors opened and some firmly shut. The smell of blood lingered into her nose, but if anything she was deterred by it because it was just an undercurrent of the hospital's smell. The most potent scent was the smell of sickness, death.

Shrivelling her nose, she followed Carlisle diligently through the small hallways until they approached a closed door labeled 204. The man's hand twisted the knob, but halted as he turned to her. "And you're sure about this?"

Perhaps he thought Talullah would back out, would request to be taken home, but her shoulders squared themselves as she nodded. "Positive."

He nodded, and pushed the wooden door open. Gesturing for her to enter, his hand still on the knob, he added, "I'll be right outside should you need me."

Once she was in the room, the door clicking shut behind her, the first thing she saw was a woman.

Lying down in the hospital bed, her eyes were closed as though she was in a deep slumber, but the dark imprints under her eyes were indicative of something that Talullah couldn't put her finger on. The woman barely flinched at the sound that the brunette's movement made as she approached the bed, lingering.