Chapter Seven

Lexa Pov
Me and Clarke have been texting back and forth but I can't work up the courage to ask her to hang out again. She's all I have been able to think about for a while but I try to put her out of my head as I get ready for work. I am about to leave the house when my phone dings.

Clarke: hey I know it's last minute but do you want to hang out with me and my friends tonight. They apparently like you or something.

I smile at the thought of her friends liking me even if she was just joking. Then I remember I have to work.

Lexa: I really want to but I have to work

Clarke: oh ya where do you work again?

Lexa: I told you that you have to figure that out on your own

Clarke: really why can't you just tell me?

Lexa: where's the fun in that

Clarke: I guess I might just have to come over and look for a uniform at your house

Lexa: you might just have to, but I have to go now. I will text you back after I close

Clarke: 'close' so I am guessing fast food, restaurant, or a drink place?

Lexa: I don't know Clarke is it one of those? Ok Fr text you later

When I get to work it's already really busy. I love working here since it's far enough away from campus that I don't have to deal with to many college kids but it stays busy enough that I get lots of tips. There are two people who work here who are a total pain. I am just hoping they aren't scheduled tonight. I am only an hour in when the hostess comes up to me "hey Lexa sorry but I just sat a table of ten in your section" "why do you hate me so much" I ask sarcastically before smiling at her and walking towards the kitchen to grab an order. When I get that one out I walk over to my table of ten.

I am not paying attention as I flip threw my little notebook trying to find a blank page as I say my usual greeting "thanks for choosing Texas Roadhouse. My names Lexa, I will be your server this evening. What can I get you all to drink" I finally find a blank page and look up to see a blond smirking at me "guess I won't have to go over to you house to figure it out after all" "oh hey Clarke" just then my manager Titus walks by.

"Lexa stop talking and take the god damn order then move on" of course he had to walk by while I say one thing that didn't involve there order "ya sorry" I say back to him while giving Clarke a look that makes her laugh. "What can I get you guys to drink" I get there order then go to fill there drinks.

When I get back I start to pass them out and they are ready to order there food so I start to write that down. I see Ontari walking towards her section which is past mine with a tray of drinks so I move closer to the table to get farther out of her way. She's a real bitch and will do literally anything to make my life harder. I step closer to Clarkes chair since it would be weird if I did it to anyone else as she's about to pass me. Of course she 'trips' and effectively spills her tray on me. I take a sharp breath in from the cold liquid that just got spilt on me "Lexa why are you always in the way" she says without even apologizing.

I can feel all of Clarkes friends eyes on me. I just clench my jaw and say "sorry Ontari that was my bad" she just scoffs. Right on queue Titus shows up "Lexa you need to learn how to move out of the way. This has happened four times already" I seriously can't handle these two anymore and say "sorry your right. I only stepped forward so I was completely against the table when I should have moved entirely around the table to get out of her way since she likes to 'trip' over nothing. Ya I will get right on that next time" I turn back to the table still completely soaked and ask Octavia "sorry what did you order again my sheet seems to have gotten wet somehow" I say holding up my dripping notepad.