CHAPTER 11- BIRTHDAY

Saturday: 27th August, 2022

It took me Sebastian a whole week to make the arrangements for his birthday. After school we planned for his 18th birthday, we wanted to be a very special one. The arrangements were done in Sebastian's house. Sebastian and I were family friends. On Saturday, I told my parents that I would go in their for study. Sebastian managed on the other hand by saying his mom not to tell the truth to my mother about the birthday party.

Our theme was 'canopy' which we arranged in the lawn. It looked classy and absolutely beautiful. We set up a canopy with a silk white cloth binding with strings and attaching it to a tree, sprinkled some shimmers and glitters on the boundaries in the ground, hanged three-four string lights, adjusted some comfy cushion on a medium sponge bed on the ground, spreading some rose petals and some quirky props to give it a romantic look, finally the cake, a bottle of champagne, the gifts and a bouquet inside the canopy. After the final arrangements, we placed a sound box and played a soothing music.
By the time, our other school friends- Dan, Rachel, Sage, Anthony and Jarred, arrived with their gifts and kept on both sides of the bed. At about 8 p.m. the birthday boy, Raymond Karter, arrived. I went at the gate slided a birthday slash and took him to the lawn. He stood spellbound at the arrangement, "That's fantastic! Damn , brilliant!" The others eventually sang the birthday song and encircled him arising a feeling of embarassment in him which I could clearly see on his face. I said, "All yours birthday boy. Go cut the cake and pop the champagne."

He did and the music was being played in the background. I was happy to see him happy. He received the gifts and kept it in his car because I told him to open those on getting back to home. He said, "Thank you everyone for coming and making the arrangements and for the gifts. My best birthday celebration ever." He filled a glass of champagne for everyone and with a "Cheers!" we took the first sip. Eventually food arrived by 10 p.m., which was pasta and grilled chicken and mushroom. These were his favourite. We all enjoyed the amazing food with champagne and spent the fabulous night altogether.

When everyone went back home after the celebration, I told Raymond to open my and Sebastian's gift. I gifted him a pack stuffed with a keychain set which was two hands tied with a red string, representing strong bond of love. Actually one was for me to keep and the other would be his; a sunglass and his favourite chocolate. Sebastian gifted him a wine red coloured shirt. He was so amazed with our gifts and the arrangement that he couldn't find words to explain.

At around 11:30 p.m. he told, "I need to get back home. Mom said me to reach home by 12. I'll see you guys on monday at school."
We said, "Yes sure. Happy Birthday once again."
He hugged Sebastian and kissed me. Grabbing my hair and neck, he kissed me so hard that my lips were swollen up, "Ouch!" I said. "Does that hurt? Put some ice. Get on with this habit, you're gonna receive it almost every day now". I giggled at his silly ways of making me irritated.
He again kissed me on forehead "Bye honey. Good night."
"Bye babe. Good night. Call me when you get home."

*If you wanna celebrate any upcoming birthdays of your loved ones, you can surely use this idea and way of decoration. It would look mesmerizing.🤩 Do you guys have any other ideas on mind? I would love to hear.*