Chapter- 16

Damon's Pov: 

'Hey, you okay?' My mother nudged me in my ribs as i jolted a little from the 'touch'. 'Ah, yeah'. 

Honestly, I was not really okay. Last night I was at this Fast food Joint which opened up around the street of our collage campus. I was there minding my business, when this guy from my economics class spoke from behind me, "Hey, you heard about what happened at school today?". "what?", the guy sitting beside him yawned, audibly bored. "that Catherine from school....." at the mention of Catherine I became alert, what about her. They started talking in low tone, which made it even more  distressing. I hadn't gone to school that day, so I didn't know what was going on. 

For a second I considered turning and asking them what had happened. But, I decided against it. After all, I didn't need to go around asking people what happened to my friend when I could just  her myself. Sighing at my own pathetic actions, I got up to pay and leave. I lived walking distance away from the campus. Even so, It took me over 15 minutes t o reach  home. I just had so much on my mind right now, like what happened to her? did she get hurt? did that bastard Stefan do anything? I had texted her immediately asking if she was alright.  

My train of thoughts were cut short when I got home to my brother and sisters prattling over the food and my mom trying to calm them down. And that was the last time I was left alone till now.

But she hadn't reply back yet then.... I was worried.

  Today, I went to school  and found out what exactly had happened. My blood boiled when I heard the full story of yesterday's episode. I wanted so bad to reap that pretty head of Stefan shoulder right that instant but he was nowhere to be found. And so was Catherine, Her  bestfriend,  Samantha let know that she had called in sick today. That tensed me up even more.

Later on  during lunch I decided to give her a visit. That's when I noticed I had a text.  It was from a unknown number. I opened it. 

Here is how it went :

Hey, its cath. Sorry, I didn't reply back. My phone broke down.

and yeah..... I am okay. 

 -----------------------

And that's how it went. I gave her a call on that same number  right way. She picked up on the first ring. I again asked the same thing, if she was okay. This time she broke down. I let her get it out and promised to visit her tonight.        

 ------------------------

Catherine Pov:

I didn't expect it to be so messed up. Last night We had meeting with in the studio so I was up late. Later around 2 when we were done, Xav offered to drop me  home. But i declined. That was my very first mistake..... if only....I had taken up the offer. 

All of them insisted that I should at least let someone come with me. But me being me. I decided to walk. The studio wasn't that much of a distance away from home and I needed some fresh air after all of the things going on. I think i was at the intersection when my phone began to blow up notifications that I had to silence it. That's when it caught my attention, a DM from Stranger_wink wink. My first impression was 'creepy'. 

 The DM read:

You look pretty in those old sweats,  Albeit you will look even more pretty without them ;)    

My blood ran cold.  I did a quick scan of the area, my hands found their way in my sweats pocket, my fingers wrapped itself around a sheathed pocket knife. If anyone came close to me , I am telling you I am well trained with a knife. I could end you life even without you knowing it.

The street was completely empty, the lights of all the houses  blacked at the dead of night. My phone slipped off my palms and landed with a quiet thud on the road. The display completely broken. I picked it up.

I started walking,  in quick strides. And within next 15 minutes I was back home, in the warmth of my safe home, yet i didn't feel safe. I slumped down on my bed, I could have been potentially harmed today, twice....

I didn't even bother changing in to my PJ's. I dug into my pocket and  retrieved  My pocket knife. That night was like the flash back. It The first I had felt so, scared and uncertain since I moved back into my home town. Since the last time someone potentially tried to harm me.

 The only thing That made feel safe last night was my pocket knife. It made me feel sort of in control of myself, when nothing was in my control.

 I tossed, turned. Couldn't even catch a wink of sleep last night as I watched the sun roll back in the sky. Sighing, I got up, placed my little knife back under my pillow and went to my own restroom. Took  a cold shower, that made feel a little alright. Slipping on a new pair of PJ's I got back in bed. 

I was In no mood of going out the house, Even If it meant missing school. I texted Sam letting her know that I won't come school today , That I was sick....