Chapter- 18

Damon's pov:

'Hey, you going out?' Jennifer called when I was done putting my shoes on. 'Yup baby sis!' I joked as I Opened the front door. 'When are you coming back?' She called again, 'Whenever I like!' I yelled back as I slammed the door behind me.

Jennifer and kai, the twins are 3 years younger than me. And Go to the same school as me. I love them, but sometimes they can be handfuls, mom has little patience with them. And being the responsible older brother I am, I have to look after them most of the time.

Catherin's house is two blocks away from mine, so i grab my bike. or else it would take me over 20 minutes to get there. And i would rather bike than walk either ay so....

Ding! I rang the door bell and waited. After some rustling the door finally opened. I was about to hugged Catherin as soon as she appeared in the frame. But, I stopped myself mid-act when I saw who it was......Clara Denkins. what was she doing here?

"Hello?" she said and scanned my face. "ah, I am here to see Catherine? is she here?" I ask unsurely. "Oh...."  I caught a mischievous glint in her before she extended the door open for me to walk in. "Thanks..." I quickly walked in the kitchen and saw her bent over the sink washing a couple of used glasses. 

I guess she didn't hear me come over cause when I called her name she flinched. "Oh! holy wine, you scared the fuck out me dude!" she said chuckling. But, I didn't hear the sarcastic tone she always pulled when she was joking around. It was there but, strained. Like she was making an effort to be "normal". I was about to ask her what happened  when_

"hey! Cath, I will be out the door now!" Clara yelled from the living room and Catherine yelled a_ okay back.

"So, what's going on?" I asked her when she came back after closing the front door. She sat down beside me, the couch sinking under her weight. "you could tell , huh?" she met my eyes and my heart ached at seeing the pain in her eyes, sadness making itself known. A lone tear escaped her eyes and I caught it between my thumb and index finger. She leaned in my touch and rested her head on my  shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her, we stayed like that for a little while before she asked me "Do you wanna know? what happened all those years ago? why I moved away?"..........