Chapter 11

Ruan Qing let go of the woman’s hand as everyone looked over. He had a pitiful appearance, as if he was being held hostage by the woman. He stood stiffly, his face filled with fear and unease.

Because it was too dark, no one except the woman saw Ruan Qing’s previous action. Even the audience in the livestream didn’t see clearly and thought that Ruan Qing was really being held by the woman.

The woman wasn’t a fool, either. She realized that Ruan Qing was helping them now. She tried hard to calm herself down and tightly held her trembling hand that could barely hold the knife. “Stop! Otherwise, I’ll kill her!”

Ji Yan stopped his movements, narrowed his eyes, and coldly looked at the woman who didn’t know any better. It seemed like he was considering how to kill her.

The woman was already timid, and when she was looked at by Ji Yan like that, her body trembled, and her voice shook with fear. “Let us go! Otherwise, otherwise, I’ll kill her!”

Ji Yan glanced at the knife that originally belonged to him, which was held against the girl’s neck, and lightly chuckled. It was a chilling laughter that made one’s hair stand on end. He gripped the knife and slowly approached the woman who didn’t know any better.

His posture seemed as if he didn’t care about Ruan Qing’s life or death at all.

However, upon closer observation, it could be seen that his gaze never left the knife in front of Ruan Qing.

As Ji Yan slowly approached, the woman’s hand trembled even more violently. She was almost unable to hold the knife anymore. She threatened in a fierce tone, attempting to scare Ji Yan away. “Don’t come any closer! Otherwise, I’ll really kill her!”

Mere verbal threats were useless since the woman trembled so much that she couldn’t even hold the knife properly. Ji Yan seemed to see through the woman’s cowardice and knew that she didn’t dare to actually kill anyone.

Seeing Ji Yan getting closer and closer, Ruan Qing lowered his gaze and, taking advantage of his coat and the darkness, forcefully hit the woman behind him.

The woman, who was already terrified, became even more frightened after experiencing pain. Her hand holding the knife instinctively moved backward.

The distance between the knife and Ruan Qing was already short, and this slight movement directly cut Ruan Qing’s fair and delicate neck.

Moreover, it was not just a superficial wound; blood instantly flowed out, trickling down his skin and slowly seeping into his clothes. His fair and delicate skin appeared both beautiful and glaring. If a little more force was applied, it would probably directly sever Ruan Qing’s windpipe.

The sharp pain on his neck caused Ruan Qing’s face to lose all color. He tightly bit his lower lip, revealing an expression of agony. Tears filled his eyes once again, and his eyes were filled with fear. The fear was so intense that his body couldn’t stop trembling slightly.

This time, Ji Yan finally stopped. His face was dark as he stared at the woman, his killing intent undisguised.

That gaze carried an intense, almost tangible killing intent that sent shivers down one’s spine. It made it impossible to muster any resistance. The woman’s body instinctively weakened, as if she had seen something terrifying.

The woman’s face turned pale under Ji Yan’s gaze. Fortunately, her teammates reacted quickly. They swiftly took the knife from her hand and held Ruan Qing hostage. Another person immediately supported the trembling woman who had become weak due to fear.

The man holding Ruan Qing’s neck with the knife drew closer, his tone full of threat. “Let us go!”

The woman, unlike the man before her, perhaps didn’t dare to kill, but this man was definitely not joking.