Chapter 58

After Xia Baiyi’s words fell, the classroom became so quiet that one could hear a pin drop.

However, Xia Baiyi seemed completely unaware of the atmosphere in the classroom. Shyly, she looked at Ruan Qing, her timid expression contrasting with her bold actions just moments ago. The phrase “Can I come to your house to play?” became somewhat ambiguous with her bashful demeanor.

It seemed to carry a deeper meaning.

Perhaps it wasn’t just seeming, but indeed held a deeper implication. After all, when a woman said something like that to a man with such a posture, it could be said that her intentions were as clear as day.

If it were in the past, perhaps other classmates would have insulted Su Qing, comparing him to a beast. But at this moment, as they looked at the boy and girl embracing each other without regard for the occasion, they fell into silence.

They all had a lingering feeling of being taken advantage of... and it didn’t necessarily have to be Xia Baiyi, who was being taken advantage.

They even had a strange sense that Xia Baiyi was defiling the young man...

When Xia Baiyi’s words fell, Xiao Shiyi directly snapped the pen in his hand, breaking the eerie silence in the classroom.

He stood up and walked to the two of them, firmly grabbing Xia Baiyi’s hand that was wrapped around the boy’s neck, mercilessly pulling her down. Xiao Shiyi coldly spoke, “Classmate Xia, I hope you understand that this is a classroom, not a place where you can behave recklessly. Please do not disturb other students’ studies.”

After saying that, he didn’t even glance at Xia Baiyi, but instead looked at Ruan Qing, his voice and expression softening, filled with apology. “Brother Su, I’m sorry. Please don’t be angry. After all, I am the class monitor, and classmate Xia, as a fellow student, has disregarded the dignity of the class by saying such shameless words. I cannot ignore it.”

Xiao Shiyi’s words sounded helpless, as if his position forced him to act this way.

Ruan Qing glanced at Xiao Shiyi, his expression cold as he uttered a cold “Oh,” seemingly dissatisfied with Xiao Shiyi’s recent actions.

In reality, Ruan Qing had no real dissatisfaction. After all, this “Xia Baiyi” might not be the real Xia Baiyi, and her heart still resided on the right side.

So, at the moment when she embraced him, if Xiao Shiyi hadn’t reacted quickly, he would have been frightened enough to go out of character.

Although he had barely managed to avoid breaking character just now, Ruan Qing couldn’t guarantee that he could remain indifferent while embracing a monster. Therefore, after Xiao Shiyi pulled Xia Baiyi away, Ruan Qing let out a relieved sigh.

Xiao Shiyi’s actions towards Xia Baiyi were not gentle at all. He directly threw Xia Baiyi, almost causing her to collide with another row of desks. Fortunately, Xia Baiyi reacted quickly and steadied herself by holding onto the desk, avoiding public embarrassment.

Xia Baiyi turned around, giving Xiao Shiyi a cold and disdainful glance. Then, with a pitiful expression, she leaned close to Ruan Qing and spoke with a tone of grievance, “Brother Su Qing, my hand hurts so much. The class monitor was too forceful. Even if I did something wrong, couldn’t he have told me nicely? He was too rude.”

After expressing her grievances, she looked at Ruan Qing with a reddened hand that was pulled by Xiao Shiyi and said, “Brother Su Qing, could you help me massage it?”

In fact, it couldn’t be called a massage at all. Ruan Qing casually touched her hand for a moment, not even three seconds. But Xia Baiyi blushed and shyly covered the hand that Ruan Qing had touched.